REFLECTOR:Re: RG vs. Fixed
Alexander Balic
reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 18:35:45 -0500
I don't have a ton of time on retractable yet (my RG will fix that) but even
when I am flying a fixed gear Spam can, I still do the GUMP check, still
check that "U" and call out (to myself of course as not to sound foolish)
"down" so it is a good habit to get into, so you do not have to remember if
you are flying an RG, because you always run the GUMP check every time you
ever land an aircraft..... and really, I'm not at all anal, just trying to
develop good habits, so I do not fall into any of Wayne's categories....
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 1:37 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Re: RG vs. Fixed
I agree with Rob, this sounds more like sour grapes or justification of
something your not that sure of.
I personally know of quite a few high time pilots that are near retiring
their wings with nary a gear up landing.
Do your check lists, keep the gear system in good shape and it will stay
the rare event that it is.
Scott
RJohn15183@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 6/4/2003 6:54:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
wamowens@bellsouth.net writes:
>
>
>>Has everyone has heard about the three kinds of retractable
>>gear pilots?
>>1 Those who have landed gear up
>>2 Those who will
>>3 Those who lie about it
>>
>>
>>This is as much fun as high wing vs. low wing
>>
>>Wayne
>
>
> Wayne, that is a cute little saying but completely untrue.
>
> Many thousands of pilots flew retracts for thousands of hours over many
decades and died of old age without ever landing gear up. In spite of all
the hoopla gear up landings are pretty rare.
>
> Rob
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
>
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose