REFLECTOR:Re: RG vs. Fixed

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 03 Jun 2003 21:26:44 -0600


HYTEC45@aol.com wrote:
> 10-1pistons and mt.  I true at 178kts balls to the wall above 8K.  What about other' 
> fliers REAL no B.S. #'s. 

TEC,

I true out at about 175 knots at 8000 ft, turning 2740.  I don't go 
balls to the wall as I will overspeed. Maybe I'll take her up next time 
and try it for just a few minutes to see how fast she'll really go.

Because of the summer heat I can't do 2740 very long or the oil goes 
above 220.  In the summer I fly at about 10 gph,  50 LOP which turns 
about 2700 and does about 170 knots true.

Thats a STD-RG with a 200 HP IO360 with a Performance 64x72 prop.  WHen 
I had the Performance Prop I trued out at 175 knots at 2700 RPM.

Scott