REFLECTOR: Nose gear mod?....was, accident/incident report

Christopher Barber reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 15:40:26 -0500


Now that is kinda interesting.  I don't really see me doing it (ok, I know I
won't), but I have always wondered how much extra speed may be gained by
retracting only the nose gear.  I know in the Cozy, you might as well since
it is already installed to allow the plane to "graze", but is there a
real/significant  performance difference?  I can't imagine it would be worth
the extra complexity just for the nose....but to once again steal from
Dennis Miller........I could be wrong <g>

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber
Attorney and Counselor at Law
11930 S Sam Houston Pkwy E
Suite 103
Houston, Texas 77089-4755
281-464-LAWS (5297)
281-754-4168 (Fax)

CBarber@TexasAttorney.net
www.TexasAttorney.net

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Herb Sanders
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 10:09 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:accident/incident report


Wayne, I have an unused nose strut, fork, wheel,tire etc for the std fg
Velo. I put a Cozy strut/fork/tire with electric nose lift on my fixed gear
project.
Herb Sanders
BTW, have you thought about going rg/elec nose lift instead of going back
with the standard strut?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne Owens" <wamowens@bellsouth.net>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 10:54 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:accident/incident report