RG vs. Fixed was :Re: REFLECTOR:accident/incident report
velocityxlfg
reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 11:52:19 -0500
Plus bragging rights don't hurt. Right?
Ron XLFG
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Overman" <mooneydryver@yahoo.com>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: RG vs. Fixed was :Re: REFLECTOR:accident/incident report
>
> --- Scott Derrick <scott@tnstaafl.net> wrote:
> > This is my second retract(first one a 48 Bonanza)
> > and both have demanded
> > high maintenance and close inspection of the gear
> > during annuals and
> > pre-flight. The Velocity's main gear system is very
> > nicely designed for
> > service and use, the nose gear is about standard
> > from what I've seen and
> > appears to be the source of most of the problems.
> > The nose gear is hard
> > to service and inspect and the fit is pretty tight
> > in some spots.
> >
> > I'll take the 10 knots, anytime....
> >
> > Scott
> >
> >Amen:
> I'm with you Scott. Most of my time is in
> retractables. Much of it is local where time doesn't
> really matter.
> However, even with the extra maintanence, once I
> get off the ground and tuck up the wheels I feel like
> I'm flying an airplane not a car with wings.
> John
>
>
> __________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).
> http://calendar.yahoo.com
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
>
>