REFLECTOR:Flush tie-down ring

Rich Guerra reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:33:14 -0600


--============_-1152503700==_ma============
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" ; format="flowed"

A non-spring loaded variant I used is seen in Systems Work section on 
my website (scroll down the menu on left - one of these days I'll 
have to add a search capability on the site.  I never dreamed it 
would get so big) and there are 2 pictures of strake tiedowns and one 
in the nose in rows 8 and 9.

direct links to pics:
http://www.rguerra.com/velocity/systemsWork/Tie-down%201.jpg
http://www.rguerra.com/velocity/systemsWork/Tie-down%202.jpg
nose tiedown:
http://www.rguerra.com/velocity/systemsWork/Tie-down%203.jpg

I've since modified these since the swing arc interfered with wires 
passing through strake.  I sliced off about half and put little lead 
weights on the end to "retract" them.  Used the stick on square tire 
weights

Rich
Velocity XL RG N724X
http://www.rguerra.com/velocity/




>I was thinking about tie-down ring installation on my Velocity and 
>had a thought.  It should be fairly easy to create a spring loaded 
>tie-down ring that retracts flush when not in use.  Has anyone seen 
>this done?  I would much rather not re-invent the wheel if someone 
>has already done this.
>
>Hiroo
>

--============_-1152503700==_ma============
Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<html><head><style type="text/css"><!--
blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style><title>Re: REFLECTOR:Flush tie-down
ring</title></head><body>
<div>A non-spring loaded variant I used is seen in Systems Work
section on my website (scroll down the menu on left - one of these
days I'll have to add a search capability on the site.&nbsp; I never
dreamed it would get so big) and there are 2 pictures of strake
tiedowns and one in the nose in rows 8 and 9.</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>direct links to pics:</div>
<div>http://www.rguerra.com/velocity/systemsWork/Tie-down%201.jpg</div
>
<div>http://www.rguerra.com/velocity/systemsWork/Tie-down%202.jpg</div
>
<div>nose tiedown:</div>
<div>http://www.rguerra.com/velocity/systemsWork/Tie-down%203.jpg</div
>
<div><br></div>
<div>I've since modified these since the swing arc interfered with
wires passing through strake.&nbsp; I sliced off about half and put
little lead weights on the end to &quot;retract&quot; them.&nbsp; Used
the stick on square tire weights</div>
<div><br></div>
<div>Rich</div>
<div>Velocity XL RG N724X</div>
<div>http://www.rguerra.com/velocity/</div>
<div><br></div>
<div><br></div>
<div><br></div>
<div><br></div>
<blockquote type="cite" cite><font face="Arial" size="-1">I was
thinking about tie-down ring installation on my Velocity and had a
thought.&nbsp; It should be fairly easy to create a spring loaded
tie-down ring that retracts flush when not in use.&nbsp; Has anyone
seen this done?&nbsp; I would much rather not re-invent the wheel if
someone has already done this.</font></blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite><font face="Arial"
size="-1">&nbsp;</font></blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite><font face="Arial"
size="-1">Hiroo</font></blockquote>
<blockquote type="cite" cite>
<div><br></div>
</body>
</html>
--============_-1152503700==_ma============--