REFLECTOR:retractable gear -mechanical stop to limit up travel
alventures
reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:19:05 -0700
The stops on the transverse bulkhead are either in the early videos or
somewhere in the manual, I'm not sure which.
Al
Jack,
I inquired about this a while back. My concern was
that during gear extension/retraction in turbulence
the strake tops could potentially take a pretty good
hit from the tire - regardless of how the hydraulic
stops are adjusted. Here's the reply I got which seems
like a great idea:
>>Pat:
>>I installed bumpers on the transverse bulkhead. I
>>first adjusted the stops on my hydraulic cylinders
so
>>the tire rubbed the top strake skin....mine is
ground
>>out to get the gear as high as possible. Let it rub
>>since you can adjust a gap when you install the
>>bumpers. When I got it adjusted the gear knee came
>>about 3/8" from the transverse bulkhead. I just
took
>>a 2"x2" square of 1/4" plywood, plopped it onto the
>>transverse bulkhead where it would lie flush to the
>>gear knee, and retracted the gear. The flox took up
>>the 1/8" slack and the plywood cured flush w/ the
>>gearleg. You can dress up the edges. I then
>>covered the plywood w/ a rubber piece to prevent it
>>from marring the legs; that rubber also takes up
>>room to create whatever, if any, gap you may want
>>between the tire and the top strake skin. I didn't
>>worry about it since when I'm retracted I can still
>>turn the wheel, though it squeeks from touching the
>>top strake skin.
>>Seems to work great. Hope that helps.
>>Mike
--- jack <jetjock@frontiernet.net> wrote:
> I recall seeing pictures somewhere showing a
> mechanical stop, to stop the tire from raising to
> high in the well.
> I cannot locate any reference to any stops in the
> manual.
> I understand that if properly set up ,this should
> not be an issue ,but in any case wonder what others
> have done, and if they have installed a stop, where
> did you install it?
> Thanks
> Jack
> std rg elite
>
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose