REFLECTOR:WSI AV-100
reflector@tvbf.org
reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:03:24 EDT
--part1_7b.163f74ae.2c57ae7c_boundary
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
I installed the unit on top of the pilot's side of the canard. I used a bit
of foam to form a level place and attached them with a couple of light weight
glass layups. I drilled the foam and made flox hardpoints to screw into. The
unit is about 6 inches from the fuselage wall with the connectors to the rear. I
used an aluminum sheet for a ground plane. It is about 1 ft square, and is
angular due to the configuration of the canard hatch. It is mounted in the top
of the hatch, thus I must uncouple the antenna wire each time I remove the
hatch. This is a fairly infrequent event, thus not an issue to me. I have a photo
of the installation, but it is still in my camera. I will put it on line when
I get it developed.
Bob
--part1_7b.163f74ae.2c57ae7c_boundary
Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
<BR>
I installed the unit on top of the pilot's side of the canard. I used a bit=20=
of foam to form a level place and attached them with a couple of light weigh=
t glass layups. I drilled the foam and made flox hardpoints to screw into. T=
he unit is about 6 inches from the fuselage wall with the connectors to the=20=
rear. I used an aluminum sheet for a ground plane. It is about 1 ft square,=20=
and is angular due to the configuration of the canard hatch. It is mounted i=
n the top of the hatch, thus I must uncouple the antenna wire each time I re=
move the hatch. This is a fairly infrequent event, thus not an issue to me.=20=
I have a photo of the installation, but it is still in my camera. I will put=
it on line when I get it developed. <BR>
<BR>
Bob</FONT></HTML>
--part1_7b.163f74ae.2c57ae7c_boundary--