REFLECTOR:WSI AV-100

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 17:32:41 EDT


--part1_136.224dfc10.2c51aa79_boundary
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Ronny,

First impressions are that the WSI interfaces with the MX-20 flawlessly, 
displays a great weather picture, also displays text when asked. It is simply 
another button on the function key of the WSI, like turning on the lightening 
detector.  It is satellite driven, and gets an update every 5 minutes. In between 
it shows the decay time of the current data. Weight is about 5 lbs, with a GPS 
type antenna. I mounted the box on the left top of the canard, the antenna in 
the canard hatch with a 10"x10" ground plane. Yes, I have to disconnect the 
antenna wire every time I remove the hatch, but it does give me an opportunity 
to use this valuable geography under the hatch.

Today if I were just in the process of building I would trash can the WX-500 
lightning detector and go only with the WSI. Look it over at Oshkosh.

By the way it will interface with a number of MFD's and other displays, 
including the IPAQ I think. 

As I mentioned, $50 per month is kind of high, but I spend more on beer and 
cigarettes, neither of which is designed to prolong life.

Bob Wood
N658SE

--part1_136.224dfc10.2c51aa79_boundary
Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Ronny,<BR>
<BR>
First impressions are that the WSI interfaces with the MX-20 flawlessly, dis=
plays a great weather picture, also displays text when asked. It is simply a=
nother button on the function key of the WSI, like turning on the lightening=
 detector.&nbsp; It is satellite driven, and gets an update every 5 minutes.=
 In between it shows the decay time of the current data. Weight is about 5 l=
bs, with a GPS type antenna. I mounted the box on the left top of the canard=
, the antenna in the canard hatch with a 10"x10" ground plane. Yes, I have t=
o disconnect the antenna wire every time I remove the hatch, but it does giv=
e me an opportunity to use this valuable geography under the hatch.<BR>
<BR>
Today if I were just in the process of building I would trash can the WX-500=
 lightning detector and go only with the WSI. Look it over at Oshkosh.<BR>
<BR>
By the way it will interface with a number of MFD's and other displays, incl=
uding the IPAQ I think. <BR>
<BR>
As I mentioned, $50 per month is kind of high, but I spend more on beer and=20=
cigarettes, neither of which is designed to prolong life.<BR>
<BR>
Bob Wood<BR>
N658SE</FONT></HTML>

--part1_136.224dfc10.2c51aa79_boundary--