REFLECTOR:Low fuel light

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:31:34 -0400


--------------75A0F70C12756DCC8A972453
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=koi8-r
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

My low fuel light also comes on intermittently.  I just checked for cap
leaks.  I didn't see any, but I wasn't able to get much pressure by
blowing.  My tanks are low and I think it would be best to test when the
tanks are full so one doesn't have to blow so much.  My cap o-rings have
a thick, pasty grease on them and I prefer not to dilute/replace this
with thinner vasoline.  Anyone know where I can get the thicker grease?

John

Chuck Jensen wrote:

> Good stuff on the vent system.  I've been greasing (petro jelly) the O
> rings on the fuel caps but didn't even think about the O ring on the
> locking lever.  During a long cruise, I'll get a 9 gallon indicated
> differential between the tanks, so these efforts might reduce that
> differential.  I wasn't too concerned as I understand some
> differential is almost expected.Though I've never gone there, what
> happens when left tank is 0 and the right is 9 gallons?  Will the rest
> of the fuel draw from the right tank or will I have to pull off on the
> side of the road and hitch a ride for gas? I'd hate to think I was
> carrying 9-10 gallons of useless ballast in my tanks but I'm not
> (intentionally) going to find out.  Anyone been there, done
> that?ChuckXL RG 540

--------------75A0F70C12756DCC8A972453
Content-Type: text/html; charset=koi8-r
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
<html>
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" link="#0000FF" vlink="#800080" lang="EN-US">
My low fuel light also comes on intermittently.&nbsp; I just checked for
cap leaks.&nbsp; I didn't see any, but I wasn't able to get much pressure
by blowing.&nbsp; My tanks are low and I think it would be best to test
when the tanks are full so one doesn't have to blow so much.&nbsp; My cap
o-rings have a thick, pasty grease on them and I prefer not to dilute/replace
this with thinner vasoline.&nbsp; Anyone know where I can get the thicker
grease?
<p>John
<p>Chuck Jensen wrote:
<blockquote TYPE=CITE><style>@font-face {
	font-family: Tahoma;
}
@font-face {
	font-family: Trebuchet MS;
}
@page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; }
P.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
LI.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
DIV.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
A:link {
	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlink {
	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
A:visited {
	COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
	COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
SPAN.EmailStyle17 {
	COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial
}
DIV.Section1 {
	page: Section1
}
</style>
<span class=042432512-24072003><font face="Arial"><font color="#0000FF"><font size=-1>Good
stuff on the vent system.&nbsp; I've been greasing (petro jelly) the O
rings on the fuel caps but didn't even think about the O ring on the locking
lever.&nbsp; During a long cruise, I'll get a 9 gallon indicated differential
between the tanks, so these efforts might reduce that differential.&nbsp;
I wasn't too concerned as I understand some differential is almost expected.</font></font></font></span><span class=042432512-24072003></span><span class=042432512-24072003><font face="Arial"><font color="#0000FF"><font size=-1>Though
I've never gone there, what happens when left tank is 0 and the right is
9 gallons?&nbsp; Will the rest of the fuel draw from the right tank or
will I have to pull off on the side of the road and hitch a ride for gas?
I'd hate to think I was carrying 9-10 gallons of useless ballast in my
tanks but I'm not (intentionally) going to find out.&nbsp; Anyone been
there, done that?</font></font></font></span><span class=042432512-24072003></span><span class=042432512-24072003><font face="Arial"><font color="#0000FF"><font size=-1>Chuck</font></font></font></span><span class=042432512-24072003><font face="Arial"><font color="#0000FF"><font size=-1>XL
RG 540</font></font></font></span></blockquote>

</body>
</html>

--------------75A0F70C12756DCC8A972453--