REFLECTOR:V's vs L's

Ronnie Brown reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:16:47 -0400


Here's the number of flying Lancairs - this comes from a friend who is
building an ES.

My figure would be to say that there are approx. 550 2 places
(235,330,360), 200 Lancair IV/IV-P and Propjets, approx. 20 Legacys, and
40 Lancair ES's.  This would make the total Lancair fleet flying of
approximately 810.

I think I recall somebody saying there about 300 Velocities flying.

Ronnie


----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Derrick" <scott@tnstaafl.net>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 1:35 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR:V's vs L's


| A quik and very unscientific search of the NTSB records shows
|
|  From 95 to this year
|
| Lancairs  47 accidents , 18 were fatal
|
| Velocitys  24 accidents, 6 were fatal
|
| I don't have any idea how many Lancairs are flying or Velocitys.
|
| I don't know why 1 out of 2.5 accidents in Lancairs are fatal while
| Velocity's are 1 out of 4?
|
| I do think the Velocity is safer than most.
|
| Scott
|
|
|
| _______________________________________________
| To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
|
| Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose