REFLECTOR:Fuel Filter?
Ronnie Brown
reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:44:37 -0400
John,
You don't want to wait for the filter to get so plugged up that you start
loosing pressure (and power). You definitely don't want to find out that
your filter is plugged when you just rotated and the point that you will
have the highest fuel flow. Keep the filter changed in the first few
hundred hours.
Another reason to put the filter before your fuel pumps is to make sure no
trash gets to the pump and its critical internal check valves.
Ronnie
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Dibble" <aminetech@dixie-net.com>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2003 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Fuel Filter?
| I'm thinking the filter should be after both pumps so there is adequate
pressure to
| push the fuel through the filter. Also this way I will have advance
warning by seeing
| a reduced fuel pressure as the filter starts to plug.
|
| John
|
| Ronnie Brown wrote:
|
| > I would install the filter before the auxiliary fuel pump.
| >
| > I used a Airflow Performance #1090079 stainless steel screen fuel filter
| > http://www.airflowperformance.com/airframe.htm which is a bit pricey at
| > about $125 but required by them to warranty their high pressure fuel
pump
| > required for the Lycoming IO360 Bendix fuel injector system.
| >
| > With your set up, I would use one of the metal body paper fuel filter
from
| > your local auto parts store at about $5. Change it at 25, 50, hours
then
| > annually.
| >
| > Ronnie
|
| _______________________________________________
| To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
|
| Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
|