REFLECTOR: fire warning (was explosion)

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:25:09 EDT


--part1_1ce.e0acfbd.2c489865_boundary
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Some months ago a few of us building at the factory service center opted to 
have the fuel cutoff. Nate was first as I recall. We placed a recess in the 
keel below the stick on the pilot side for the knob and installed the cut off 
just forward of the firewall beside the sump on the XL's we were building. 

I use it to cut off the fuel when I am cleaning the fuel filter and such 
times, but could pull it off in flight if I needed to.

Bob Wood
N658SE
Bob II

--part1_1ce.e0acfbd.2c489865_boundary
Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Some months ago a few of us building at the factory se=
rvice center opted to have the fuel cutoff. Nate was first as I recall. We p=
laced a recess in the keel below the stick on the pilot side for the knob an=
d installed the cut off just forward of the firewall beside the sump on the=20=
XL's we were building. <BR>
<BR>
I use it to cut off the fuel when I am cleaning the fuel filter and such tim=
es, but could pull it off in flight if I needed to.<BR>
<BR>
Bob Wood<BR>
N658SE<BR>
Bob II</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1ce.e0acfbd.2c489865_boundary--