REFLECTOR:RECORDING TIME ON PLANE
Hiroo Umeno
reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:37:09 -0700
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C34C8A.0C81902F"
------_=_NextPart_001_01C34C8A.0C81902F
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
I have an EFIS (Chelton) on mine. It keeps all sorts of logs internally
and can be copied down using a memory card that can be read by the PC.
Additionally, I have installed a separate hobbs so that I can keep track
of service life for time limited components. I don't think there is a
requirement but I think it is a handy thing to have for keeping track of
engine, prop, filters, etc.
=20
You might want to check to see it your EFIS truly does not track
operating time. I'd be surprised if it didn't. It may not show it on
screen but there probably is a way to get the info.
=20
Hiroo
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Tom Martino
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 10:07 AM
To: Velocity Email List (E-mail)
Subject: REFLECTOR:RECORDING TIME ON PLANE
=20
I have an EFIS system, no recording tachometer, simply an RPM readout.
=20
Am I required to have a time of some kind to prove hours flown? A
hobbs? A recording tach?
------_=_NextPart_001_01C34C8A.0C81902F
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)">
<style>
<!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:"MS Mincho";
panose-1:2 2 6 9 4 2 5 8 3 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:Tahoma;
panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:"\@MS Mincho";
panose-1:2 2 6 9 4 2 5 8 3 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
{margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{color:purple;
text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
{font-family:Arial;
color:navy;}
@page Section1
{size:8.5in 11.0in;
margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>
</head>
<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple>
<div class=3DSection1>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>I have an EFIS (Chelton) on mine. =
It
keeps all sorts of logs internally and can be copied down using a memory =
card
that can be read by the PC. Additionally, I have installed a =
separate </span></font><font
size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
color:navy'>hobbs</span></font><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'> so that I can =
keep track
of service life for time limited components. I don’t think =
there is
a requirement but I think it is a handy thing to have for keeping track =
of
engine, prop, filters, etc.</span></font></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'> </span></font></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>You might want to check to see it =
your
EFIS truly does not track operating time. I’d be surprised =
if it
didn’t. It may not show it on screen but there probably is a =
way to
get the info.</span></font></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'> </span></font></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Hiroo</span></font></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'> </span></font></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DTahoma><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>-----Original =
Message-----<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>From:</span></b> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] <b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>On =
Behalf
Of </span></b>Tom Martino<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Sent:</span></b> Thursday, July 17, =
2003
10:07 AM<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> Velocity Email List =
(E-mail)<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> =
REFLECTOR:RECORDING TIME
ON PLANE</span></font></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'> </span></font></p>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>I have an EFIS system, no =
recording
tachometer, simply an RPM readout.</span></font></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'> </span></font></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Am I required to have a =
time of some
kind to prove hours flown? A hobbs? A recording =
tach?</span></font></p>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>
=00
------_=_NextPart_001_01C34C8A.0C81902F--
--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary--