REFLECTOR:Performance Prop contact info

Alexander Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:35:58 -0500


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--Boundary_(ID_Hg1qFdv4EzePP9KSbG/kfQ)
Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

Hey Mike-
I remember that you were really happy with yours, I called over there to
Performance, seems they have more work then they can handle, so good for
them!  :)    they said the wait would be until October for a prop, and the
cost would be around 2,500 plus crating and shipping - don't think I can
wait that long, (which is good for me! ) so I will probably go with Cato -
it is about $900 cheaper too, and I am not really that interested in
ultimate performance, since I only need it to push my plane around for taxi
and flight testing- then I will change to the MT.  got lots of runway at
DTO, so either should work the same for my purposes.....

Alex
  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf
Of Mike Pollock
  Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 11:21 AM
  To: reflector@tvbf.org
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Performance Prop contact info


  Hi Alex,



  Clark from Performance Propellers can be reached at (520) 394-2059.

   Mike



    -----Original Message-----
    From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Alexander Balic
    Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 9:37 AM
    To: reflector@tvbf.org
    Subject: REFLECTOR:Performance Prop contact info


    Anybody have the website and/or phone for Performance propellers? trying
to google them brings up way to much- like naming and ice cream company
"good ice cream"
      -----Original Message-----
      From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Tom Martino
      Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 10:06 PM
      To: reflector@www.tvbf.org
      Subject: REFLECTOR:CONFUSION


      You know what they say about opinions?  They're like Assh---s ...
everybody's got one!  My problem is ... they're all different.



      I have a 173 Elite RG with an IO-540 engine.  I just spoke to Alan
Shaw and he swears that a constant speed prop is NOT necessary.  He says the
added weight is not worth it and it will actually cut down your cruise
speeds a bit.  He said climb performance won't be a problem with that engine
... and the Velocity will be better off without the extra weight back there.



      He recommended a three-blade performance prop made by Performance
Props in Arizona.  He said it should be put on a five inch extension and it
will fit perfectly with the cowl he designed.



      He said the fixed pitch also helps with cooling because it can get
closer to the big cowl openings on each side of the prop and it will
actually "suck out" air creating a cooling effect.



      He also said that the exhaust pointing straight out the back through
two ports (bottom left and right) will actually cause a venturi effect
inside the cowl ... which will force cool air to exit around it - again
aiding in the cooling of the engine.



      He talked for a long time and sounded completely confident and
knowledgeable.



      Since his advice seems to be contrary to a lot of other opinions ...
my question to you is this:



      DOES IT SOUND REASONABLE?



      I am getting to a point where I need to make some decisions.  Any
feedback will be appreciated.  The discussions I have seen here are very
intelligent and I want to take advantage of your BRAINS.



      Thanks in advance.



      Tom Martino

      www.troubleshoter.com







--Boundary_(ID_Hg1qFdv4EzePP9KSbG/kfQ)
Content-type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:o = 
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w = 
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:st1 = 
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<META content=Word.Document name=ProgId>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=GENERATOR>
<META content="Microsoft Word 10" name=Originator><LINK 
href="cid:filelist.xml@01C34B1D.5BFDA470" rel=File-List><o:SmartTagType 
name="State" 
namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"></o:SmartTagType><o:SmartTagType 
name="PersonName" 
namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"></o:SmartTagType><o:SmartTagType 
name="place" 
namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"></o:SmartTagType><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
  <o:DoNotRelyOnCSS/>
 </o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <w:WordDocument>
  <w:SpellingState>Clean</w:SpellingState>
  <w:GrammarState>Clean</w:GrammarState>
  <w:DocumentKind>DocumentEmail</w:DocumentKind>
  <w:EnvelopeVis/>
  <w:Compatibility>
   <w:BreakWrappedTables/>
   <w:SnapToGridInCell/>
   <w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
   <w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
  </w:Compatibility>
  <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
 </w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]>
<STYLE>st1\:* {
	BEHAVIOR: url(#default#ieooui)
}
</STYLE>
<![endif]-->
<STYLE>@page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin: .5in; mso-footer-margin: .5in; mso-paper-source: 0; }
P.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"
}
LI.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"
}
DIV.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"
}
A:link {
	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline: single
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlink {
	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline: single
}
A:visited {
	COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline: single
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
	COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline: single
}
SPAN.EmailStyle17 {
	COLOR: windowtext; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-style-type: personal-compose; mso-style-noshow: yes; mso-ansi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-ascii-font-family: Arial; mso-hansi-font-family: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial
}
SPAN.SpellE {
	mso-style-name: ""; mso-spl-e: yes
}
SPAN.GramE {
	mso-style-name: ""; mso-gram-e: yes
}
DIV.Section1 {
	page: Section1
}
</STYLE>
<!--[if gte mso 10]>
<style>
 /* Style Definitions */ 
 table.MsoNormalTable
	{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
	mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
	mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
	mso-style-noshow:yes;
	mso-style-parent:"";
	mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
	mso-para-margin:0in;
	mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
</style>
<![endif]--></HEAD>
<BODY lang=EN-US style="tab-interval: .5in" vLink=purple link=blue>
<DIV><SPAN class=434372921-16072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Hey 
Mike-</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=434372921-16072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>I 
remember that you were really happy with yours, I called over there to 
Performance, seems they have more work then they can handle, so good for 
them!&nbsp; :)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; they said the wait would be until October for a 
prop, and the cost would be around 2,500 plus crating and shipping - don't think 
I can wait that long, (which is good for me! ) so I will probably go with Cato - 
it is about $900 cheaper too, and I am not really that interested in ultimate 
performance, since I only need it to push my plane around for taxi and flight 
testing- then I will change to the MT.&nbsp; got lots of runway at DTO, so 
either should work the same for my purposes.....</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=434372921-16072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=434372921-16072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
size=2>Alex</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma 
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> reflector-admin@tvbf.org 
  [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Mike 
  Pollock<BR><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, July 16, 2003 11:21 AM<BR><B>To:</B> 
  reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> RE: REFLECTOR:Performance Prop contact 
  info<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=2><FONT size=1>
  <P><SPAN class=988531717-16072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Hi 
  Alex,</FONT></SPAN></P>
  <P><SPAN class=988531717-16072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
  size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</P>
  <P><FONT face=Arial><FONT color=#0000ff><SPAN class=988531717-16072003><FONT 
  size=2>Clark from Performance Propellers can be reached at 
  </FONT></SPAN><U>(520) 394-2059<SPAN 
  class=988531717-16072003>.</SPAN></U></FONT></FONT></P>
  <P><FONT size=+0><FONT color=#0000ff><SPAN 
  class=988531717-16072003></SPAN></FONT></FONT><U><FONT face=Arial><FONT 
  color=#0000ff>&nbsp;<SPAN class=988531717-16072003><FONT 
  size=3>Mike</FONT></SPAN></FONT></FONT></U></P>
  <P><U><FONT face=Arial><FONT color=#0000ff><SPAN 
  class=988531717-16072003></SPAN></FONT></FONT></U>&nbsp;</P></FONT></FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma 
    size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> reflector-admin@tvbf.org 
    [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Alexander 
    Balic<BR><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, July 16, 2003 9:37 AM<BR><B>To:</B> 
    reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Performance Prop contact 
    info<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><SPAN class=050593414-16072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
    size=2>Anybody have the website and/or phone for Performance propellers? 
    trying to google them brings up way to much- like naming and ice cream 
    company "good ice cream"</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
      <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma 
      size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> reflector-admin@tvbf.org 
      [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Tom 
      Martino<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, July 15, 2003 10:06 PM<BR><B>To:</B> 
      reflector@www.tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> 
      REFLECTOR:CONFUSION<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
      <DIV class=Section1>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">You know what they say about 
      opinions?<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>They&#8217;re like 
      Assh---s ... everybody&#8217;s got one!<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; 
      </SPAN>My problem is ... they&#8217;re all 
      different.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I have <SPAN class=GramE>a 
      173</SPAN> Elite RG with an IO-540 engine. <SPAN 
      style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN>I just spoke to Alan Shaw and he 
      swears that a constant speed prop is NOT necessary.<SPAN 
      style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>He says the added weight is not 
      worth it and it will actually cut down your cruise speeds a bit.<SPAN 
      style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>He said climb performance won&#8217;t be 
      a problem with that engine ... and the </SPAN></FONT><st1:PersonName><FONT 
      face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Velocity</SPAN></FONT></st1:PersonName><FONT 
      face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> will 
      be better off without the extra weight back 
      there.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">He recommended a three-blade 
      performance prop made by Performance Props in 
      </SPAN></FONT><st1:State><st1:place><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Arizona</SPAN></FONT></st1:place></st1:State><FONT 
      face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">.<SPAN 
      style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>He said it should be put on a five 
      inch extension and it will fit perfectly with the cowl he 
      designed.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">He said the fixed pitch also 
      helps with cooling because it can get closer to the big cowl openings on 
      each side of the prop and it will actually &#8220;suck out&#8221; air creating a 
      cooling effect.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">He also said that the exhaust 
      pointing straight out the back through two ports (bottom left and right) 
      will actually cause a venturi effect inside the cowl ... which will force 
      cool air to exit around it &#8211; again aiding in the cooling of the 
      engine.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">He talked for a long time and 
      sounded completely confident and knowledgeable.<SPAN 
      style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Since his advice seems to be 
      contrary to a lot of other opinions ... my question to you is 
      this:<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">DOES IT SOUND 
      REASONABLE?<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I am getting to a point where 
      I need to make some decisions.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; 
      </SPAN>Any feedback will be appreciated.<SPAN 
      style="mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>The discussions I have seen here 
      are very intelligent and I want to take advantage of your 
      BRAINS.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Thanks in 
      advance.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><st1:PersonName><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Tom 
      Martino</SPAN></FONT></st1:PersonName><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><A 
      href="http://www.troubleshoter.com/">www.troubleshoter.com</A> 
      <o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-no-proof: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN><o:p></o:p></FONT></P>
      <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3><SPAN 
      style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_Hg1qFdv4EzePP9KSbG/kfQ)--