REFLECTOR:Franklin Performance specifications
Brian Michalk
reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:03:00 -0500
I have the type certificate data as amended on December 8, 1994 to PZL by
the FAA. Please see:
www.awpi.com/~michalk/e9ea.pdf
I don't know why PZL advertises their engine as 205 horsepower, but I've
heard lot's of speculation. When I was a dealer in Franklin engines, I
asked PZL why they did this. I still couldn't get an answer that made
sense. It was like talking to a politician. Even looking at their TC
doesn't make sense. The 6A-350-C1 is the American made engine rated at 220
horsepower. The 6A-350-C1R,L is the PZL made engine, rated at 205
horsepower. On page 7, note 9, they list the difference between the C1 and
the C1R:
"6A-350-C1R Same as -C1 except for new starter, alternator, and voltage
regulator
to be compatible with 12 volt system; modified starter gear and
damper assembly; new propeller shaft seal and speed governor;
relocated starting injectors; and oil sump modification."
So unless the relocation of the starting injectors, or the damper assembly
caused a reduction in 15 horsepower, I don't see where they are different
power-wise.
I quote from the current (to my knowledge) type certificate referenced
above:
model max horsepower max RPM
6A-350-C1 220 2800
6A-350-D1 200 3200
6A-350-C1R* 205 2800
6A-350-D1A 230 3200
6A-350-C1L* 205 2800
6A-350-C2 215 2800
6A-350-D1B 220 3000
6A-350-C2A 212 2800
6V-350-A 235 3200
6A-350-D 235 3200
6V-350-B 235 3200
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
> Behalf Of John Dibble
> Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 8:05 AM
> To: reflector@tvbf.org
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Exhaust systems
>
>
> My Franklin manual specifies 220 HP, 2800 rpm max.
>
> John
>
> Jim Agnew wrote:
>
> > Careful Brian that 220 HP is at 3200 RPM and the data plate
> > says 205HP at 2800 RPM so it is close to the lycoming 200
> > IO-360 given the tuned intakes & FI with a lower
> > compression ratio.
> >
> > Jim
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
>