REFLECTOR:Moving the non-flying Velocity

Jeffrey Clough reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:08:58 -0800


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C34A54.866414C0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Ok...I give up....I will never complete my Velocity 173 RG as long as it =
is in a hangar in Colorado and I live in Alaska...soooooo...I am going =
down to put it on trailer and truck it 3500 miles to my house here in =
AK.......wide load and all...I am wondering...if I gut it and remove the =
engine and mount if I can move it like a rocket on the launch pad in an =
upright position.....was thinking of building a 'box' out of 2x10 lumber =
to 'mount' on the firewall engine mount holes and setting the Velocity =
fuselage upright on that and strapping the 'box' and gear down to the =
trailer for the long haul..thus no wide load problems....
  Does anyone have any idea if the firewall can take the stresses of =
this road trip? I BELIEVE it can but do not know.... Moving it ...one =
way or the other,   THANX    Jeff Clough
------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C34A54.866414C0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT size=3D4>Ok...I give up....I will never complete my =
Velocity=20
173 RG as long as it is in a hangar in Colorado and I live in=20
Alaska...soooooo...I am going down to put it on trailer and truck it =
3500 miles=20
to my house here in AK.......wide load and all...I am wondering...if I =
gut it=20
and remove the engine and mount if I can move it like a rocket on the =
launch pad=20
in an upright position.....was thinking of building a 'box' out of 2x10 =
lumber=20
to 'mount' on the firewall engine mount holes&nbsp;and setting the =
Velocity=20
fuselage&nbsp;upright on that and strapping the 'box' and gear down to =
the=20
trailer for the long haul..thus no wide load =
problems....</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT size=3D4>&nbsp; Does anyone have any idea if the =
firewall can=20
take the stresses of this road trip? I BELIEVE it can but do not =
know.... Moving=20
it ...one way or the other,&nbsp;&nbsp; THANX&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jeff=20
Clough</FONT></STRONG></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C34A54.866414C0--