REFLECTOR: Exhaust systems

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:42:32 -0400


Steve,
My airport is 1020' and the altimeter setting was 30.2 today.  During taxi I leaned it
with the mixture about 2/3 out which seemed like a lot.  The EGT got up to 930 F
druing taxi.  I did the mag check at 1150 rpm and the EI did run stronger than the mag
like it should.  When I gave it full throttle for take-off, it cut out so I richened
the mixture to 1/3 out.  Do I need to add throttle more slowly?
My fuel pressure normally runs 8-9 psig.  Today it fluctuated in the 11-20 psig
range.  Has anyone seen the fuel pressure run that high?

John

steve korney wrote:

> John...
>
> In that case your running way to rich...You should see temps of about 1250
> to 1300 (f) on take-off...
> Maybe that's the reason it stumbles so much on run-up...Lean it out...Keep
> the temps above 1150 on the ground or you won't vaporize the lead in the
> fuel and it will foul your plugs...
>
> Best... Steve
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.
> http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose