REFLECTOR:Exhuast systems

John Rourke reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 08 Jul 2003 10:54:29 -0500


It might be interesting to put some strips of the "temperature-tape" in 
that area, see if there is any appreciable heating of the blade... has 
anyone heard of anyone doing that?

On another note, I'd think a 4into1 would be a candidate for exhaust 
thrust augmentation (smoother flow - and of course it would have to be 
rear-facing)... has anyone done anything with exhaust augmentation on 
any exhaust on a Velocity? I've always wondered if that might help 
"fill-in" the low-pressure area between the cowl and the prop...

-John Rourke


HYTEC45@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 7/7/03 6:19:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time, 
>scott@tnstaafl.net writes:
>
><< I found out from the factory that one of the reasons they quite selling 
> the 4-into-1 system that "was" on my plane was overheating.  Having all 
> those cross over tubes in an updraft system and they cross so close to 
> the oil pan they cooked the oil.
>  >>
>I have been flying the 4into1s for almost 8 years and 600hrs.  They do run 
>close to the sump.  I would run high oil temps at first with only the front 
>cooler, then I installed a rear, and never have any oil temp problems now.  One 
>thing however, they do send all four pulses into the prop and leave residue on 
>one blade.  With a three blade, you can't clock it not to hit one.  I really 
>like the idea of the forward facing pipes.  It would prevent the residue and 
>heat on the prop however I have never noticed any "cooking" of the prop or paint.
>
>TEC
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose
>
>
>  
>