REFLECTOR: Exhaust systems

Jim Agnew reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 04:50:52 -0700 (PDT)


All of this talk about cooking props yet I have not seen
any pictures of a charred or burning prop.  This sounds a
lot like an urban legend.  Does anyone have some pictures?

Jim
--- richard@riley.net wrote:
> Take a look at the ones he does for the parallel valve
> 540 Berkut, it 
> sounds like they are very similar.
> 
> I'm very happy with mine, but you MUST use an electronic
> ignition or you'll 
> cook the prop.
> 
> At 08:10 PM 7/8/03 -0700, you wrote:
> >Pat,
> >I'm in serious discussion with Clinton Anderson at
> Custom Aircraft Parts
> >about a couple of "Y" manifolds for my XL with a
> parallel-valve IO-540.
> >Very similar to yours, except I'm thinking of having the
> 2.5" tailpipes bent
> >45 degrees towards the prop.  I assume that you're still
> happy with yours?
> >Keith Hallsten
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose


=====
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2@Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed