REFLECTOR:Throttle Quadrants

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 16:01:11 -0400


Has anyone installed or have a source for throttle quadrants similar to the
throttle/prop/mixture quadrants that are supplied with some simulators (what
I would call a horizontal base plate with a 70 degree throw).  

The quadrants installed on my XL are somewhat weird and "uncomfortable."
The mixture is the traditional push/pull but the throttle and prop are on a
unit with a vertical base plate mounted on the side of the cabin (joystick
in the console).  

The throw is about 110 degrees.  In other words, the first 20-30 degrees
(from 7:00 o'clock), you kind of have to lift up on them, then they start
moving forward as you go past the 9:00 position.  They are full throttle at
about the 12:00 position.  Particularly annoying is they are not linear, but
that's a different problem.

I'd like to replace them with a quadrant that has a horizontal base and the
throw starts at about   9:00 and moves up to 11:30, much like the kind on
simulators.  Any one have any suggested source or suggestions?  Is it less
hassle just to go to all push/pull controls?

Chuck
N27GV

P.S.  I know, I know, the degrees and clock positions don't add up but the
idea is the same.