REFLECTOR:Exhuast systems

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 07 Jul 2003 08:13:03 -0600


The V Factory has rearward facing stacks for the IO360 for $400

Custom Aircraft parts(known for their excellent work) has them for $615. 
  They offer 3 or 4 variants with different dimensions to fit your 
cowling, etc..

I don't know who makes the factory ones.

Scott

Milton Mersky wrote:
> Scott:
> 
> We have 630 hours on our plane . IO 360. Both stacks, facing rearward 
> toward the prop, have been replaced due to cracks in the same location 
> as yours. How about sending them out for coating as the auto guys do. 
> Not ceramic, but another type.
> 
> Milt
> 
> Scott Derrick wrote:
> 
>> I pulled my 4-into-1 exhaust system off today to wrap it with header 
>> tape.  Trying to cool things down in this 100 degree heat!
>>
>> I found another(actually two) crack(s) where the 4 pipes go into 1. I 
>> have had this thing welded two times already  for previous cracks, in 
>> 200+ hours.  Third times the charm, its getting scraped.
>>
>> I looked on the Velocity web site and saw a rearward and a forward 
>> facing set advertised.  Why would anybody want a forward facing set of 
>> exhaust stacks?  Anybody have a few hundred hours on one of these sets 
>> with good service?
>>
>> Scott
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose
>