REFLECTOR:Scott's question "VV is it worth it?"
Jeff Barnes
reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 03 Jul 2003 10:30:18 -0500
Well said Jerry, with far more restraint than I might apply.
I love every page of Velocity Views. I take it as a whole. I'm also
taking two copies today for flight to ORD-PHX cuz that's where I catch
up on my reading. Thanks for reminding me to RENEW to VV TODAY !
As for credit card companies and middleman services, many charge 7 and
8%. I hope I don't get so feeble in my old age as to complain about
writing a check or posting a letter, both of which are still the
mainstream 21st century techniques for paying bills. Complaining about
the bills, that's human nature.
As for your opinions Scott, how's your Eulogy looking these days ? Your
entitled to them, of course, but please lighten up on the profanity.
You're setting off my spam monitor, and we've always had an
understanding to keep profanity off the Reflector. Besides, profanity
is the crutch of inarticulate mother-f*&(%rs.
Love ya all ! Happy Independence Day, and God Bless America !
Best Regards,
Jeff Barnes
XL-RG slow-building
Jerry.Brainard@Anthem.com wrote:
>
> Scott,
>
> Thanks for the exposition of your views of the Velocity Views (V V).
>
> In my opinion, at the current subscription cost, V V provides a good value.
> If one is looking at V V as solely a source of KPC's, then it is probably
> not the vehicle of choice.
>
> I suggest the real extra value to me is what you inappropriately call Bull
> Shit. Without the V V, I will not see the authoritative technical
> information. I would not have the opportunity to better know those at the
> factory. I would not know about what the factory is doing and planning. I
> would not see the "stupid builder tricks" and from those learn how not to
> do things. Without V V, what would be the factual source for those areas
> that are important to the factory.
>
> V V is a place where I get information about people. V V is one place that
> I get to know Velocity owners. I see this as a component of strengthening
> the Velocity Owners community. This is an area where builders can share
> ideas openly.
>
> Yes the Reflector does provide a conduit for the exchange of ideas. I
> would suggest that an analysis of the Reflector postings shows a
> significant content that you don't consider worthwhile. Even worse, the
> Reflector can be intimidating because, without editorial control (and there
> should not be editing in this type of forum) responses can become personal
> attacks. The vitriolic responses that we often see do not promote free and
> open communication. Rather, they attempt to beat the opposing opinion out
> of existence with emotional intimidation rather than factual response. So
> I would add those responses to the no value count.
>
> While I understand that the cost of kits to future builders may not be of
> immediate concern to those who have already purchased a Velocity. I
> suggest it will be a concern in the future viability of the company and
> therefore, the owner community. Yes I understand that it seems like a
> small addition, but it is an additional cost and higher cost means
> decreasing buyers. The best way to ensure the continued evolution of the
> breed is to continue selling kits. When the factory no longer sells kits,
> the idea conduit will begin to close, interest in Velocity's will decline
> and the value of the orphans we own will begin to decrease.
>
> Since this has been an area of much posturing and venom in the past, I have
> worked to keep the tone of this note as neutral. If I have failed, I
> apologize. What I am hoping to encourage is thoughtful responses that
> provide open communication and meaningful feedback to Duane and Velocity.
> I hope that others will look at the issues in the broader view and let
> Duane know their thoughts.
>
> Jerry
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose