REFLECTOR:Cleveland Brakes

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 11:52:19 -0400


This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3417B.1B62C7B0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"

Oh, by the way, anyone interested in buy some really good Matco brake and
wheel assemblies.  Their great!!!  They'll stop on a dime and give you
change.  You can trust me.  I wouldn't lie to you.
 
All kidding aside, I think the Matcos 600s with the "kit" is a fine fit for
standards with smaller engines and all.  Unfortunately, with the 300hp in a
XL RG, the greater weight and higher landing speeds is just a greater
challenge for the brakes that makes the Matcos a little more marginal on
short fields.
 
All kidding aside, I will be selling the Matcos in the near future.
 
Chuck
N27GV

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of
Chuck Jensen
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 11:05 AM
To: 'reflector@tvbf.org'
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Cleveland Brakes


I'm glad to hear they make a difference!  Setting aside all the other
issues, its obvious the Clevelands have a significant mechanical advantage
over the Matcos in that they squeeze on the outer radius of the rotor while
Matcos squeeze on the inner radius.  By calculations on the back of the
envelope, that's a 25% to 30% mechanical gain right there.  In addition,
with the Cleveland pads and hardware being out there in the air stream,
cooling should be markedly better than the Matcos, which are kind of
"internal" to the wheel and rotor.
 
And, as far as simplicity of installation, there certainly is no comparison.
Replacing pads on a Matco makes you wish you had 3 hands instead of 10
thumbs.
 
The real driving force for the decision for me was the extra weight of the
XL RG 300.  I want to be able to leave skid marks if I'm too ham-handed to
nail the numbers on a really short field.  In addition to stopping ability,
the extra load put on the brakes for the differential braking for steering
certainly adds to the heat load and fading of more marginal breaks.
 
Chuck
N27GV
 
 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of
OddJ@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 9:27 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Cleveland Brakes


Yes, they help to shield the gear leg from the heat. Install by drilling 4
holes and install between gear leg and backing plate. 
I just replaced my Matcos and the difference is remarkable.
Odd Jorgensen 


------_=_NextPart_001_01C3417B.1B62C7B0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">


<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=327581315-03072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Oh, by 
the way, anyone interested in buy some really good Matco brake and wheel 
assemblies.&nbsp; Their great!!!&nbsp; They'll stop on a dime and give you 
change.&nbsp; You can trust me.&nbsp; I wouldn't lie to you.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=327581315-03072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=327581315-03072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>All 
kidding aside, I think the Matcos 600s with the "kit" is a fine fit for 
standards with smaller engines and all.&nbsp; Unfortunately, with the 300hp in a 
XL RG, the greater weight and higher landing speeds is just a greater challenge 
for the brakes that makes the Matcos a little more marginal on short 
fields.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=327581315-03072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=327581315-03072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>All 
kidding aside, I will be selling the Matcos in the near 
future.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=327581315-03072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=327581315-03072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
size=2>Chuck</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=327581315-03072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
size=2>N27GV</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma 
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> reflector-admin@tvbf.org 
  [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Chuck 
  Jensen<BR><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, July 03, 2003 11:05 AM<BR><B>To:</B> 
  'reflector@tvbf.org'<BR><B>Subject:</B> RE: REFLECTOR:Cleveland 
  Brakes<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=753051914-03072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>I'm 
  glad to hear they make a difference!&nbsp; Setting aside all the other issues, 
  its obvious the Clevelands have a significant mechanical advantage over the 
  Matcos in that they squeeze on the outer radius of the rotor while Matcos 
  squeeze on the inner radius.&nbsp; By calculations on the back of the 
  envelope, that's a 25% to 30% mechanical gain right there.&nbsp; In addition, 
  with the Cleveland pads and hardware being out there in the air stream, 
  cooling should be markedly better than the Matcos, which are kind of 
  "internal" to the wheel and rotor.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=753051914-03072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
  size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=753051914-03072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>And, 
  as far as simplicity of installation, there certainly is no comparison.&nbsp; 
  Replacing pads on a Matco makes you wish you had 3 hands instead of 10 
  thumbs.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=753051914-03072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
  size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=753051914-03072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>The 
  real driving force for the decision for me was the extra weight of the XL RG 
  300.&nbsp; I want to be able to leave skid marks&nbsp;if I'm too ham-handed to 
  nail the numbers on a really short field.&nbsp; In addition to stopping 
  ability, the extra load put on the brakes for the differential braking for 
  steering certainly adds to the heat&nbsp;load and fading of more marginal 
  breaks.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=753051914-03072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
  size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=753051914-03072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
  size=2>Chuck</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=753051914-03072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
  size=2>N27GV</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=753051914-03072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
  size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=753051914-03072003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
  size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE>
    <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma 
    size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> reflector-admin@tvbf.org 
    [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of 
    </B>OddJ@aol.com<BR><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, July 03, 2003 9:27 
    AM<BR><B>To:</B> reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: 
    REFLECTOR:Cleveland Brakes<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><FONT 
    face=arial,helvetica><FONT lang=0 face=Arial size=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">Yes, 
    they help to shield the gear leg from the heat. Install by drilling 4 holes 
    and install between gear leg and backing plate. <BR>I just replaced my 
    Matcos and the difference is remarkable.<BR>Odd Jorgensen</FONT> 
  </FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3417B.1B62C7B0--