REFLECTOR:Scott's question "VV is it worth it?"
alventures
reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 07:21:10 -0700
I suggest that those who wish simply reply directly to Duane.
Thanks
Al Gietzen
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Milton Mersky
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 4:10 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Scott's question "VV is it worth it?"
Scott:
Why do you hold back. Please say what you really mean.
Milt
Scott Derrick wrote:
> I think this topic has been run through the mill numerous times, but
> Duane asked so here goes.
>
> Last year about this time I was on the fence about re-subscribing. I
> bought my V already built though it was in need of numerous repairs
> and tweaking t get it fly able. I want to fly a safe plane and try to
> avail myself of all available information to help me maintain and
> modify my aircraft. SO the question is does VV provide this service
> and the service it provides is it worth the cost of $45 a year.
>
> There were 20 pages in this quarters news letter.
>
> Here's how I broke them down.
>
> 6 pages on the Williamsburg Fly In, Wasted bull shit.
>
> 1/3 page on KPC's, Good stuff!
>
> 1 page Builders hints, good stuff.
>
> 2 pages Factory News, 1 page on the WIlliamsburg Flyin, 1/2 bullshit
> 1/2 good stuff
>
> 1.5 Factory notices, most a repeat every issue, 2/3 bullshit 1/3 good
> stuff
>
> 1.5 pages Scott Baker, 1.2 on Williamsburg/Oshkosh, 1.2 bull shit, 1/2
> good stuff
>
> 2 pages A&P Talks, good stuff
>
> 1 page Electronics, good stuff
>
> 2 pages Subscription info, all bull shit
>
> 1.5 builders Forums, good stuff
>
> 1.5 ads, most repeats good stuff
>
> so we have about 11 pages of bull shit and 9 pages of good stuff all
> printed on very nice paper in a magazine format.
>
> The last issue I noticed had a large amount of fluff(bull shit). I
> realize that the intrinsic worth of the VV is very large but the
> current implementation sucks.
>
> Scott
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
>
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose