REFLECTOR:Cleveland Brakes

Brett Ferrell reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 03 Jul 2003 06:06:34 -0700


Yes, it's to insulate the gear leg from the brake assembly, this is something that Frank recommended to us while we were at Head Start.  I plan to do install the phenolic under the backing plate.

Brett

Quoting Chuck Jensen <cjensen@dts9000.com>:

> I'm in the process of converting my  Matcos to
> Clevelands on my XL RG.  I
> received the spacers and bolts from Velocity this
> week. (I'm getting the
> wheel assemblies from a different source....but that's
> a long sad story that
> I won't burden you with today).  
> 
> My question was, in the stuff that was shipped to me
> under a "give me
> everything I need" order, there were two phenolic-type
> boards approx. 4" x
> 6" x 0.10".  They appear to be well suited for
> insulation.  Are these cut
> and drilled to act as heat isolators so the brakes
> won't heat up the leg and
> turn it to mush???
> 
> If anyone has a suggestion, or even better, knows what
> they are talking
> about, it would be appreciated if you would share.  If
> I don't get smarter
> here shortly, I may have to break down and call
> Velocity.  I kind of hate to
> because its not totally fair to them since I didn't
> buy the wheel/brake
> assembly from Velo. So, I'm needy today.
> 
> Chuck
> N27GV
> 
> Geez Scott, I wish I had a back issue of VV that
> explained this!!!  
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose
>