REFLECTOR:Gear Speed and sanding micro

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 08:44:14 -0500


Chuck Jensen
Diversified Technologies
2680 Westcott Blvd
Knoxville, TN  37931
Phn:     865-539-9000 x25
Cell:     865-406-9001
Fax:     865-539-9001
cjensen@dts9000.com


-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Dave Black
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 1:15 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Gear Speed and sanding micro


> CBarber,

> Hmmmmm, I have been surprised how much I have enjoyed this
> thread considering I am building a fixed gear. <g>.  Maybe
> there is comfort in not having to mess with the gear down
> issue.....even though I will be slower  :-(.

You'll only be slower when you fly. The fact that you'll finish building
your
FG six months to a year sooner than us RG guys will give you an
insurmountable
head-start in any race.

> Oh, I don't know if y'all know this, but there is A LOT of
> sanding to do to micro on the wings <g> It's like shampoo
> bottle instructions, "fill, sand, sand more, repeat"......my
> arms are actually sore (gotta get back to the gym). Geeeez.  I
> am guessing it is much easier with the really long perma-grit
> bar Andy sent me to use.  Thanks again Andy (I have once again
> reviewed your notes). Any of y'all with additional thoughts or
> suggestions on easing this task will be warmly received.

Definitely use the long sanding bar or block. And yes, there is a LOT of
sanding. Simply sand until the first glass begins to show through. Then fill
and sand again until there are no more valleys. Simple to describe; takes a
long time to do!

Dave Black
Shortwing RG
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html