REFLECTOR:Cowl fasteners

KeithHallsten reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:22:52 -0800


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C3C7BD.276FF1A0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Me, too!  Does anyone want to become a minor stocking distributor?  How =
many different thicknesses (part numbers) will be needed on a plane?
Keith

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jeffrey Clough=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 12:14 PM
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Cowl fasteners


  Wonder if we could get a 'package' deal? I'm gonna need 'em too... =
JClough

  Brian Michalk <michalk@awpi.com> wrote:=20
    It's not going to be cheap.  I think they recommend six inch =
placement.  You might be able to get away with 8 inch, due to the large =
surface area they cover.  However, for my cowl, I've already got six =
inch holes that I've been using with clecos.

    I think it will take less than 30 to do the cowls and wing flanges =
properly.  That's $300.  However, compare that to the cost of a =
potential prop strike repair, and it somehow doesn't seem so bad.
      -----Original Message-----
      From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On =
Behalf Of Robin Ream
      Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 10:00 AM
      To: reflector@tvbf.org
      Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Cowl fasteners


      How many of these do you think it will take to do a good job on =
the cowl?

      Robin
        ----- Original Message -----=20
        From: Brian Michalk=20
        To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
        Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 9:28 AM
        Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Cowl fasteners


        I'm going with www.skybolt.com

        Look at the CLoc fasteners on the left.  They are pricey at =
about $10 per fastener assembly, but I'm convinced they are worth it.  =
I've talked to people who just finished their Velocity, and a major =
complaint is that in the beginning, due to inspections or repairs, it is =
tedious to continuously remove and reinstall the cowl.  I would consider =
something like this a safety item.  I'm lazy, if I am going to have a =
hard time to get in and inspect something, I may defer it till later.

        I spoke to them and examined the product at Sun n Fun.  Looks =
good.
          -----Original Message-----
          From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org =
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of Al Gietzen
          Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 9:10 AM
          To: reflector
          Subject: REFLECTOR:Cowl fasteners


          Before I install butterfly nuts for countersunk screws; has =
someone found a good cam-lock type fastener that only requires a 90 =
degree twist, that works well for our application? - and looks good?



          Al







-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-----
  Do you Yahoo!?
  New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing
------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C3C7BD.276FF1A0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Me, too!&nbsp; Does anyone want to =
become a minor=20
stocking distributor?&nbsp; How many different thicknesses (part =
numbers) will=20
be needed on a plane?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Keith</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Djc4158@yahoo.com href=3D"mailto:jc4158@yahoo.com">Jeffrey =
Clough</A>=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, December 17, =
2003 12:14=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> RE: REFLECTOR:Cowl=20
  fasteners</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Wonder if we could get a 'package' deal? I'm gonna need 'em =
too...=20
  JClough<BR><BR><B><I>Brian Michalk &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:michalk@awpi.com">michalk@awpi.com</A>&gt;</I></B> =
wrote:=20
  <BLOCKQUOTE class=3Dreplbq=20
  style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px =
solid">
    <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=3DGENERATOR>
    <STYLE>@font-face {
	font-family: Verdana;
}
P.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
LI.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
DIV.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
A:link {
	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlink {
	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
A:visited {
	COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
	COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
SPAN.EmailStyle17 {
	FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; TEXT-DECORATION: none
}
DIV.Section1 {
	page: Section1
}
</STYLE>

    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN=20
    class=3D730441517-17122003>It's not going to be cheap.&nbsp; I think =
they=20
    recommend six inch placement.&nbsp; You might be able to get away =
with 8=20
    inch, due to the large surface area they cover.&nbsp; However, for =
my cowl,=20
    I've already got six inch holes that I've been using with=20
    clecos.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN=20
    class=3D730441517-17122003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D730441517-17122003>I=20
    think it will take less than 30 to do the cowls and wing flanges=20
    properly.&nbsp; That's $300.&nbsp; However, compare that to the cost =
of a=20
    potential prop strike repair, and it somehow doesn't seem so=20
    bad.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
    style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff =
2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
      <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
      size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org=20
      [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Robin=20
      Ream<BR><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, December 17, 2003 10:00 =
AM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
      reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:Cowl=20
      fasteners<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
      <DIV>How many of these do you think it will take to do a good job =
on the=20
      cowl?</DIV>
      <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
      <DIV>Robin</DIV>
      <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
      style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
        <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- =
</DIV>
        <DIV=20
        style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
        <A title=3Dmichalk@awpi.com =
href=3D"mailto:michalk@awpi.com">Brian=20
        Michalk</A> </DIV>
        <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
        href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
        <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, December =
17, 2003=20
        9:28 AM</DIV>
        <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> RE: =
REFLECTOR:Cowl=20
        fasteners</DIV>
        <DIV><BR></DIV>
        <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN=20
        class=3D500332315-17122003>I'm going with <A=20
        =
href=3D"http://www.skybolt.com/">www.skybolt.com</A></SPAN></FONT></DIV>
        <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN=20
        class=3D500332315-17122003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
        <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN=20
        class=3D500332315-17122003>Look at the CLoc fasteners on the =
left.&nbsp;=20
        They are pricey at about $10 per fastener assembly, but I'm =
convinced=20
        they are worth it.&nbsp; I've talked to people who just finished =
their=20
        Velocity, and a major complaint is that in the beginning, due to =

        inspections or repairs, it is tedious to continuously remove and =

        reinstall the cowl.&nbsp; I would consider something like this a =
safety=20
        item.&nbsp; I'm lazy, if I am going to have a hard time to get =
in and=20
        inspect something, I may defer it till =
later.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
        <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN=20
        class=3D500332315-17122003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
        <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2><SPAN=20
        class=3D500332315-17122003>I spoke to them and examined the =
product at Sun=20
        n Fun.&nbsp; Looks good.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
        <BLOCKQUOTE=20
        style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: =
#0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
          <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
          size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>=20
          reflector-admin@tvbf.org =
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf=20
          Of </B>Al Gietzen<BR><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, December 17, 2003 =
9:10=20
          AM<BR><B>To:</B> reflector<BR><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Cowl=20
          fasteners<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
          <DIV class=3DSection1>
          <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
          style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Before I =
install=20
          butterfly nuts for countersunk screws; has someone found a =
good=20
          cam-lock type fastener that only requires a 90 degree twist, =
that=20
          works well for our application? =96 and looks =
good?</SPAN></FONT></P>
          <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
          style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Verdana"></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
          <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
          style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Verdana">Al</SPAN></FONT></P>
          <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
          style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Verdana"></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
          <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><SPAN=20
          style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Verdana"></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQ=
UOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
  <P>
  <HR SIZE=3D1>
  Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=3D21260/*http://p=
hotos.yahoo.com">New=20
  Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and =
sharing</A></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C3C7BD.276FF1A0--