REFLECTOR:Oil Leaks - Franklin

Donald Royer reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:37:24 -0700


They are having problems. When I talked to them about a month ago several
things were going wrong at once. First, when Pratt and Whitney bought out
PZL in Poland they stopped production of the Franklin engine and they
cancelled all of the Franklin dealerships including the Askeland brothers'
one. In addition, their landlord cancelled their lease as of the end of the
year because he was selling the building.  When I talked to them they were
going to try to carry on some where some how, but nothing had been settled
at that point. I hope that they can stay in the business because they are
straight shooters and they are very knowledgeable about the Franklin
engines.

I am only about thirty miles from Fort Collins and so I will try to keep
track of what happens with them, report back to the Franklin drivers in the
group.

Don Royer


> [Original Message]
> From: John Dibble <aminetech@bluefrog.com>
> To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
> Date: 12/19/03 11:10:11 AM
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Oil Leaks - Franklin
>
> Good luck in getting a response.  I have left messages, faxed, and never 
> gotten a response.
>
> John
>
> Ronnie Brown wrote:
>
> >Using www.google.com ,I found
> >Franklin Aircraft Engines, Inc., in Fort Collins, Colorado. Their phone
> >number is 970 224-4404. Their email address is franklin@ezlink.com. John
> >Askeland is the owner and president of the company.
> >
> >----- Original Message -----
> >From: "steve" <steve_beilby@yahoo.com.au>
> >To: "Brian Michalk" <reflector@tvbf.org>
> >Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 9:13 AM
> >Subject: Re[2]: REFLECTOR:Oil Leaks - Franklin
> >
> >
> >| Hi Brian,
> >|
> >| Friday, December 19, 2003, 12:05:47 AM, you wrote:
> >|
> >| BM> There is a factory fix for leaking around the crankshaft seal. 
Call
> >| BM> Askeland for it.  Very simple to install.
> >|
> >| Sorry, but who is/are Askeland ? I have not heard that name before.
But I
> >am
> >| glad to hear that there is an easy fix.
> >|
> >| ...Steve
> >|
> >|
> >| _______________________________________________
> >| To change your email address, visit
> >http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >|
> >| Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> >| user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> >| Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> >| Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >
> >
> >_______________________________________________
> >To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> >Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> >user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> >Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> >Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >
> >
> >
> >  
> >
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html