Dual Throttles: Re: REFLECTOR:Slaved Throttle Quads

KeithHallsten reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:12:44 -0800


It's not difficult to run a completely redundant throttle & cable all the
way to the arm on the servo or carburetor.  That's what the factory
recommends, and I've seen several installations that work fine, so I plan to
do the same.  You have a little more friction to move the throttle, but if
you keep all bends gentle and smooth, it's not a significant issue.  You
have to fabricate a bracket to hold both throttle cable sleeves at the
engine end.

Keith Hallsten


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Scott" <scott@tnstaafl.net>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 9:32 AM
Subject: Dual Throttles: Re: REFLECTOR:Slaved Throttle Quads


> Being that we have a center stick and the only way for a right seat pilot
> to fly the airplane is to have dual throttle/mixture/prop controls, I find
> it amazing that the factory doesn't have this option?  I'm surprised more
> folks don;t ask for it?
>
> If the factory had a cable mixer so I could add a right seat throttle, I'd
> do it today.
>
> Me and a buddy of mine practice instrument flying to keep ourselves
> current.  We share each others planes to keep the expense even.   His T210
> of course has full dual controls(yokes) and center throttle, etc..    We
> have to fake it in my plane, having the right seat pilot all out throttle
> changes..
>
> I worry sometimes about what would happen if I passed out in the left
> seat.  My wife could probably land the airplane if she could get to the
> throttles.
>
> Scott
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>