REFLECTOR:Speaking of LOP Ops

Scott reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:48:07 -0700


I started to try to do the GAMI Lean Test back in July but couldn't because 
of overheat problems, which started my exhaust system fiasco which is now 
behind me as is the heat problem(another story).

Today I thought it would be nice and smooth to do the test, it wasn't 
smooth but I bumped my way through it.

The results were a very nice surprise.  I had one anomalous reading, right 
at the LOP change over which depending on how you interpret it gives me two 
spreads.

Either 0.2 GPH or 0.5 GPH, and this with stock Lyc. Injectors.  I did 
rotate the injectors from my first to peak with my last to peak about 6 
months ago and I'm running a EI which will also help reduce the spread.

Next weekend on our trip out to CA if its really smooth I'll run the test 
enroute and see if I can eliminate the anomalous reading.  It was so bumpy 
and also I was getting some mountain wave action it was difficult holding a 
1/10 of a GPH of fuel flow to get readings on all 4 cylinders.

Scott