REFLECTOR:Lyc injection

Scott reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:49:55 -0700


Chris, One of these days we have to convert you to the wonders and joys of LOP.

Which will mean the further you reduce GPH,  the cooler all the temps will 
be, especially CHT's.

Scott

At 11:37 PM 12/11/2003, you wrote:
>I'll try to get you a picture or two this weekend. I have a very 
>consistent 174 True KNTS at 7500 MSL with 2350 RPM and 14.0 GPH my max CHT 
>is 395 and Max EGT is 1300. If I push the RPM up to 2500 I will show 
>180KNTS True and increase my fuel burn to 16.0 GPH. I did  not match my 
>injectors as in a GAMI injector type of system but I did put a great deal 
>of effort into adding baffling into my plenums to give me a good, close 
>CHT spread. The spread is about 8 to 10 degrees F from hot to cold on the 
>CHT's. In cruise I will see 395 F on #5 as the hottest with the coldest 
>being 387 F. the spread on the EGT's is about 60 F with the hottest being 
>1300 F. I could save 1 gph by letting the CHT's rise 10 F but I try to 
>keep everything under 400F.
>
>Christopher Martin
><mailto:christophercmartin@earthlink.net>christophercmartin@earthlink.net
>Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.
>
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: <mailto:bferrell@123mail.net>Brett Ferrell
>To: <mailto:reflector@tvbf.org>reflector@tvbf.org
>Sent: 12/11/2003 5:06:09 AM
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Lyc injection
>
>Chis,
>
>*I'd* really like a picture or two, if you could post something to the 
>Reflector web area I'd really appreciate it.  By the way, what kind of 
>cruise fuel burn do you typically get with that set up?  Did you have your 
>injectors flow matched?
>
>Brett
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: <mailto:christophercmartin@earthlink.net>Chris Martin
>To: <mailto:reflector@tvbf.org>reflector@tvbf.org ; 
><mailto:reflector@tvbf.org>reflector
>Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 11:40 PM
>Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Lyc injection
>
>Brian,
>
>I have a Lyc IO540 with dual Light Speed Ignitions made by Klaus Savier. I 
>think your question is based upon mounting the ignition coils on top of 
>the engine cases in the location normally used for the fuel spider. My 
>solution was to leave the fuel spider in it's normal location and move the 
>coils outside of the engine shroud. I mounted the coils on the engine 
>frame. I can send you a picture if you need it. This keeps the coils 
>cooler and leaves the fuel lines and spider in their normal location.
>
>Chris Martin
>Velocity XL RG with Lyc IO540 and dual Light Speed Ignitions, 400 plus hours
>
>Christopher Martin
><mailto:christophercmartin@earthlink.net>christophercmartin@earthlink.net
>Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.
>
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: <mailto:bg@airmech.com>Brian Gallagher
>To: <mailto:reflector@tvbf.org>Reflector
>Sent: 12/10/2003 10:06:07 AM
>Subject: REFLECTOR:Lyc injection
>
>Has anyone with a Lycoming and dual Light speed ignition found a good way 
>of mounting the injection spider? bg