REFLECTOR:Lyc injection

Brett Ferrell reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 08:07:07 -0500


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0269_01C3BFBD.C55741A0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Chis,

*I'd* really like a picture or two, if you could post something to the =
Reflector web area I'd really appreciate it.  By the way, what kind of =
cruise fuel burn do you typically get with that set up?  Did you have =
your injectors flow matched?

Brett

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Chris Martin=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org ; reflector=20
  Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 11:40 PM
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Lyc injection


  Brian,

  I have a Lyc IO540 with dual Light Speed Ignitions made by Klaus =
Savier. I think your question is based upon mounting the ignition coils =
on top of the engine cases in the location normally used for the fuel =
spider. My solution was to leave the fuel spider in it's normal location =
and move the coils outside of the engine shroud. I mounted the coils on =
the engine frame. I can send you a picture if you need it. This keeps =
the coils cooler and leaves the fuel lines and spider in their normal =
location.

  Chris Martin
  Velocity XL RG with Lyc IO540 and dual Light Speed Ignitions, 400 plus =
hours

  Christopher Martin
  christophercmartin@earthlink.net
  Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.


    ----- Original Message -----=20
    From: Brian Gallagher=20
    To: Reflector
    Sent: 12/10/2003 10:06:07 AM=20
    Subject: REFLECTOR:Lyc injection


    Has anyone with a Lycoming and dual Light speed ignition found a =
good way of mounting the injection spider? bg
------=_NextPart_000_0269_01C3BFBD.C55741A0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML style=3D"FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Chis,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>*I'd* really like a picture or two, if you could =
post=20
something to the Reflector web area I'd really appreciate it.&nbsp; By =
the way,=20
what kind of cruise fuel burn do you typically get with that set =
up?&nbsp; Did=20
you have your injectors flow matched?</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial>
<DIV><BR>Brett</DIV>
<DIV></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dchristophercmartin@earthlink.net=20
  href=3D"mailto:christophercmartin@earthlink.net">Chris Martin</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> ; <A=20
  title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org =
href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, December 10, =
2003 11:40=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> RE: REFLECTOR:Lyc=20
injection</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Brian,</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I have a Lyc IO540 with dual Light Speed Ignitions made by Klaus =
Savier.=20
  I think your question is based upon mounting the ignition coils on top =
of the=20
  engine cases in the location normally used for the fuel spider. My =
solution=20
  was to leave the fuel spider in it's normal location and move the =
coils=20
  outside of the engine shroud. I mounted the coils on the engine frame. =
I can=20
  send you a picture if you need it. This keeps the coils cooler and =
leaves the=20
  fuel lines and spider in their normal location.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Chris Martin</DIV>
  <DIV>Velocity XL RG with Lyc IO540 and dual Light Speed Ignitions, 400 =
plus=20
  hours</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>Christopher Martin</DIV>
  <DIV><A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:christophercmartin@earthlink.net">christophercmartin@earth=
link.net</A></DIV>
  <DIV>Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
  style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid">
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
    <A title=3Dbg@airmech.com href=3D"mailto:bg@airmech.com">Brian =
Gallagher</A>=20
    </DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To: </B><A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
    href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">Reflector</A></DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> 12/10/2003 10:06:07 AM =
</DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Lyc =
injection</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT size=3D2>
    <DIV><EM><FONT face=3DGeorgia color=3D#008000 size=3D2>
    <DIV><EM><FONT face=3DGeorgia color=3D#008000 size=3D2>Has anyone =
with a Lycoming=20
    and dual Light speed ignition found a good way of mounting the =
injection=20
    spider?=20
bg</FONT></EM></DIV></FONT></EM></DIV></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></=
BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0269_01C3BFBD.C55741A0--