REFLECTOR:Vortex Generators on XL
Ronnie Brown
reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:20:23 -0500
Here's the web site for CCI http://www.mywebco.com/cci/
As Scott says, they are tough, UV resistant, clear, and were $85 for 100
which includes shipping as I recall (web site price needs to be updated).
Ronnie
----- Original Message -----
From: <scott@tnstaafl.net>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 11:19 AM
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Vortex Generators on XL
| CCI sells VG's that do not need to be painted, UV will not effect them
| like the factory ones.
|
| I bought the clear ones. I think they sell white ones too, they are a
| solid polycarbonate and virtually unbreakable. I think you can order any
| color but there is a minimum quanity which I don't know. The color all the
| way through the VG, not painted.
|
| I couldn't see any difference in my top airspeed after installing them on
| a Standard RG.
|
| I had thought the factory was going to change over to CCI's VG's but maybe
| they have to sell all the current stock first or they changed their minds.
|
| Being unbreakable and not effected by UV makes them a winner in my book.
|
| Scott
|
| > Jack,
| >
| > Everything I do is trial and error.....though I did use the patterns
| > provided by Velocity. They are installed on both the canard and wing
(and
| > both sides, naturally). I don't remember the exact count but buy a 100
| > (they're cheap) and use the extra for replacements. To paint them,
after
| > scuffing the bottom on sandpaper, I just stuck them on packing tape and
| > gave
| > a few light coats of enamel for UV protection.
| >
| > Do us a favor. Before you install, do a few altitude stalls and see if
| > you
| > can nail a number. After installation, repeat and see what difference,
if
| > any, you note. Maybe you already have a hard number for touchdown IAS
| > that
| > you can reference---that would make a before/after comparison even
| > simpler.
| > Most seem to think it reduces touchdown by 5 to 7 kts.
| >
| > Chuck Jensen
| >
| > -----Original Message-----
| > From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
| > Behalf Of Jack Sheehan
| > Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 9:51 AM
| > To: reflector@tvbf.org
| > Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Vortex Generators on XL
| >
| >
| > Chuck,
| > Do you have them on both the canard and the wing? Did Velocity
| > provide installation pattern or was it trial and error eyeball
| > Jack
| > _______________________________________________
| > To change your email address, visit
| > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
| >
| > Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
| > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
| > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
| > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
| > _______________________________________________
| > To change your email address, visit
| > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
| >
| > Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
| > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
| > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
| > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
| >
|
| _______________________________________________
| To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
|
| Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
| user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
| Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
| Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html