REFLECTOR:Landing Light
Dave Black
reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 02 Dec 2003 00:12:41 -0500
John,
> I'm looking for a simple way to add a light without
> major surgery on the panel. I plan on using the second light only when
> the nose light is blown. How about if I use a mercury switch, mounted
> on the nose gear for the primary light and use my existing panel switch
> for the backup light?
Should work -- as long as you don't mind the landing light being on whenever
your Master switch is ON and the gear is down.
If you don't want to mess up your panel, why not just hide the second switch
behind the panel somewhere that you can reach it when the main bulb fails?
Or, for the second switch get one of those foot switches which used to be
installed on cars for selecting high or low beams. With that, your panel
switch would turn on whichever light is selected by the foot switch.
Dave Black.