REFLECTOR:Re: thrust reversers
Scott Baker
reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:39:31 -0400
Actually, thrust reversers are coming soon to a theatre near you! Lacy
Thompson (Georgia) and Scott Tubb (California) have recently purchased
Mt-reversing propellers for their respective Velocity XL models. I am
anxious to learn more about the details. Scott Tubb will be flying first.
Lacy Thompson is still a few months away from first flight.
FYI, the cost of reversing (beta) pitch propellers is about 30% more than
the standard Mt-prop setup.
Scott B.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Jensen" <cjensen@dts9000.com>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 4:47 PM
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:accident/incident
> You didn't engage your Thrust Reversers?
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
> Behalf Of mike deeter
> Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 7:48 AM
> To: reflector@tvbf.org
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:accident/incident
>
>
> Greetings;
>
> My bird belongs on that list as well. I ran off the
> end of the runway some months ago and maybe someone
> can learn from my experience.
>
> My brakes didn"t fail; my seat did. I found I"d
> switched how the hinge was put together. Warning!
> The old seat hinges are only safe one way. The wrong
> way (top part inside or outside the bottom part; I
> can"t remember which is correct) there is only 1/8"
> holding the hinge from the seatback collapsing
> backwards and when you press hard that 1/8" bent and I
> had no leverage against which to push on my brakes.
> Bizarre.
>
> The good news is I left the runway at perhaps 5 kt and
> just bogged down in some mud w/ no damage except to my
> pride and lots of cleanup.
>
> Moral: check you seat hinges.
>
> Mike
> --- RJohn15183@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Hmmmm, sounds like I need to start a support group
> > for folks that run off the runway. I know it messed
> > with my mind for a long time and I still get
> > butterfly's everytime I get ready to push in the
> > throttle for a take off.
> >
> > We could call it the "Ditch Masters". :-) (a spoof
> > on "Toast Masters")
> >
> > DM Rob
> >
> > >
> > > Let be careful out there...
> > >
> > >
> > > N-number : N113JG
> > >
> > >
> > > IDENTIFICATION
> > > Regis#: 113JG Make/Model: EXP
> > Description: VELOCITY
> > > Date: 08/23/2003 Time: 1913
> > >
> > > DESCRIPTION
> > > AIRCRAFT ON TAKEOFF, RAN OFF THE END OF THE
> > RUNWAY,
> > > SKIATOOK, OK
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
> > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
>
>
> =====
> *******************************************
> Mike Deeter
> N2011 Test Pilot
> iguanamagic@yahoo.com
> http://iguanamagic.siegesmund.org
> *******************************************
>
> __________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
> http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! tvbf:jamaicangoose
>