REFLECTOR:RE: Glass Panel
John Overman
reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:08:33 -0700 (PDT)
--- Andy Millin <amillin@net-link.net> wrote:
> Chuck,
>
> I'm not flying and haven't purchased yet. I have
> been looking at the cool
> new stuff.
>
> I very much like the stuff from Grand Rapids
> Technologies,
> http://www.grtavionics.com/
>
> Also, Wayne Lanza had some very cool toys at OSH. I
> would speak with him.
> I believe he might even be monitoring the reflector.
Look at http://www.pcflightsystems.com/ Click on
(products) on the left side and then click on the big
screen system. This thing is 1500 nits bright. That is
bright. It's ,like blue mountain, your complete system
on one screen, including engine instruments. The whole
system is 6 grand and that even gives you a artifical
horizon/moving map for the co-pilot.
John Overman
Velocity Std RG - Mazda
Port Angeles Washington
> Andy
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org
> [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]
> > On Behalf Of Chuck Jensen
> > Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 11:04 AM
> > To: 'reflector@tvbf.org'
> > Subject: Glass Panel
> >
> > Since some are flying and many are building, and
> everybody's paying
> > attention to the new eInstrumentation, I was
> interested in thoughts on
> > glass display for the Velo. The local Av shop is
> big on a Dynon unit for
> > electric Horizon, altimeter,
> > airspeed, and heading indicator. Info at
> www.dynondevelopment.com.
> >
> > Is there better equipment, value or future
> compatibility out there?
> > Blue Mountain? UPSat?
> >
> > I'd prefer to avoid Dean's situation wherein a
> single piece of equipment
> > is installed, then it turns out it won't interface
> with anything else and
> > has to be swapped out in order to upgrade other
> things. Perhaps these
> > displays are pretty much independent whereas the
> vor/gps/com/ap all ought'
> > ta work together.
> >
> > Chuck
> >
>
> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/ms-tnef
name=winmail.dat
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com