REFLECTOR:Fuel Proof Grease

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:21:56 -0600


Sorry,

I steal a dab from my A&P buddy every annual.

I'd hit up your freindly A&P for a film canister's worth, offer him $5.

Scott


Chuck Jensen wrote:

> A few weeks ago, it was discussed that Fuel Valve Grease, Fuelube, etc, 
> can be used to lube our fuel cap o-rings to prevent fuel cap air leaks.  
> Understand it resists degredation from contact with fuel but it's only 
> sold in 1 lb can.  The can is only $20 but another can of something 
> setting around is not really needed.  Does anyone have a 1 lb can of the 
> stuff  that they will sell a pill bottles worth of grease out of? 
>  
> Let me see, a pill bottle will hold about 20cc.  At 0.5cc per 
> application, that's forty applications.  At six months per application, 
> that works out to....well, if you have any left in 2023, I'll buy a refill!
>  
> Chuck
>