REFLECTOR:Brake Fluid Mystery

Ronnie Brown reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:57:05 -0400


I had a similar problem - fluid getting gone and I couldn't find where it
was going. Finally found it - it was leaking from the push rod seal and
leaking into the cockpit and down into my carpet under the brake pedal.

Ronnie

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Dibble" <aminetech@dixie-net.com>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2003 3:55 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR:Brake Fluid Mystery


| My co-pilot side reservoir is losing fluid, about 15 cc (1/2 oz) during
| a 6.5 hr flight (1 TOL).  I can't find the leak.  Inside the nose is dry
| as a bone.  I occasionally see a drop of yellow fluid on the rear corner
| of the pilot side gear door.  I am adding a purple colored dot 5 fluid.
| Any ideas?
|
| John
|
|
| _______________________________________________
| To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
|
| Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose
|