REFLECTOR:Completely off Topic Re:Velocity Europe

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 08:55:13 -0400


This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35CE3.24D87B20
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"

I would love to Greg, I would love to.  OZ is one of those rare places where
the people are just as interesting as the scenery....so they say.

 -----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of
Greg Poole
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 5:51 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Completely off Topic Re:Velocity Europe



If I can back Simon's words as an outside observer (and ally) of the US with
a "rider"....be careful you don't get so enamoured with your country's
situation and virtues that you lose sight of what is happening elsewhere.
 
.....When in the US, I never cease to be amazed at the preoccupation of the
US media with what is happening within the US.....heck, in OZ generally a
little under half our daily news bulletins is concerned with what is
happening around the world.  (There's a heap more of different stuff to be
discovered outside of the USA.)
 
- if you don't believe me, come on over and take a look!
 
Greg in Sydney
 

----- Original Message ----- 
From: Simon  <mailto:simon@aegerter.net> Aegerter 
To: reflector@tvbf.org <mailto:reflector@tvbf.org>  
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Re:Velocity Europe

I know, this is highly off topic - but I can't resist:


Another "Reality Check" of how great our Country is.

 

you are absolutely right, Tom, and I just hope that you would keep it that
way! but I am increasingly worried.

While I second everything you say about aviation, I see it differently for
the rest of the daily life. The "Patriot Act" has turned "the land of the
free" into "the land of the suspect". The TFRs are not merely a nuisance -
they are a symptom. I think you should all remember Ben Franklins wisdom:
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Sorry for being blunt; I just happen to love your country too much to shut
up.

Best
Simon
-- 
Simon Aegerter, Wollerau, Switzerland


------_=_NextPart_001_01C35CE3.24D87B20
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<TITLE>Re: REFLECTOR:Re:Velocity Europe</TITLE>

<STYLE type=text/css>BLOCKQUOTE {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
DL {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
UL {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
OL {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
LI {
	PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px
}
</STYLE>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="COLOR: #800000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN class=994311412-07082003><FONT size=2>I would love to Greg, I would 
love to.&nbsp;&nbsp;OZ is one of those rare&nbsp;places where the people are 
just as interesting as the scenery....so they say.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=994311412-07082003></SPAN><FONT face=Tahoma><FONT face=Arial 
size=2></FONT><BR><FONT size=2><SPAN class=994311412-07082003><FONT 
face=Arial>&nbsp;</FONT></SPAN>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> 
reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of 
</B>Greg Poole<BR><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, August 07, 2003 5:51 AM<BR><B>To:</B> 
reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:Completely off Topic 
Re:Velocity Europe<BR><BR></FONT></DIV></FONT>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV>If I can back Simon's words as an outside observer (and ally) of the US 
  with a "rider"....be careful you don't get so enamoured with your country's 
  situation and virtues that you lose sight of what is happening 
elsewhere.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>.....When in the US, I never cease to be amazed at the preoccupation of 
  the US media with what is happening within the US.....heck, in OZ generally a 
  little under half our daily news bulletins is concerned with what is happening 
  around the world.&nbsp; (There's a heap more of different stuff&nbsp;to be 
  discovered outside of the USA.)</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>- if you don't believe me, come on over and take a look!</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Greg in Sydney</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr 
  style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #800000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
    <DIV 
    style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> 
    <A title=simon@aegerter.net href="mailto:simon@aegerter.net">Simon 
    Aegerter</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=reflector@tvbf.org 
    href="mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, August 07, 2003 7:18 
    PM</DIV>
    <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:Re:Velocity 
    Europe</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>I know, this is highly off topic - but I can't resist:</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <BLOCKQUOTE cite="" type="cite">Another "Reality Check" of how great our 
      Country is.</BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE cite="" type="cite">&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
    <DIV>you are absolutely right, Tom, and I just hope that you would keep it 
    that way! but I am increasingly worried.</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>While I second everything you say about aviation, I see it differently 
    for the rest of the daily life. The "Patriot Act" has turned "the land of 
    the free" into "the land of the suspect". The TFRs are not merely a nuisance 
    - they are a symptom. I think you should all remember Ben Franklins 
    wisdom:<FONT face=Helvetica color=#000000> "They that can give up essential 
    liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor 
    safety."</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>Sorry for being blunt; I just happen to love your country too much to 
    shut up.</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV>Best</DIV>
    <DIV>Simon</DIV><X-SIGSEP><PRE>-- 
</PRE></X-SIGSEP>
    <DIV>Simon Aegerter, Wollerau, 
Switzerland</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35CE3.24D87B20--