REFLECTOR:Nose Gear Shimmy

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 06 Aug 2003 10:53:59 -0600


Chuck,

That's very interesting!! I worry about the pressure in the nose gear, 
one because its so lightly loaded before I get in there is no visual 
indication of low pressure, two its a bear to check or fill, thus 
inducing the "I'll get that later" thought as I eye it during pre-flight.

I do keep my castoring pressure washers pretty tight, which makes 
turning a chore at times but I hate a shimmy.

Scott

aminetech@dixie-net.com wrote:

> Chuck,
> That's a good tip.  How much air pressure do you use?
> 
> John
> 
> 
>>Moral of the story?  It may be that too much air pressure in the front
>>tire makes it "hard" and contributes to nose wheel shimmy.  This is
>>probably not news to 98% of you, but for the rest of us 2%, it's worth
>>keeping in mind.
>>
>>Chuck
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose
>