REFLECTOR: Picture held up

Phil Hooper reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 2 Aug 2003 11:06:03 -0700


Right on, 120k.  Some of the photos get really hard to read when so small.

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] On Behalf
Of Dave Black
Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2003 12:08 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Picture held up

Phil, Doug, Brian,

> One more thing:  The total email cannot exceed 60K, not just
> the attachments.

>      Brian, I'm trying to post a message with an attached
>      JPEG that is 58k in size and it is not showing up.

>           I have the same problem with pictures.
>           Every time I add them it gets held up,
>           even if I am under the 60kb rule it still
>           sayXs I am over. 

Bottom line: 
Make the picture smaller (say 50k) by either cropping the picture or saving
the JPEG image at a lower resolution. 

On the other hand, I believe the 60k limit is way too restrictive. Pictures
of
that size cannot be very sharp. I'd support upping the limit to 120k. 

Dave Black
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose