REFLECTOR:Tools

Alexander Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:37:36 -0500


Richard,
I looked at that tool (or a similar one, I don't remember it being orange)
and it is a well designed, and well built tool, but for the $175, I bought 2
die grinders (straight and 90 degree), the air body saw, a  16" straight
line sander, and a DA sander, ( of course another chunk of cash for a
compressor too, but I already had one) really, ounce for ounce, the air
tools generate a lot more HP than the electric ones, and they are self
cleaning.... I noticed that Fein has and air powered version  which probably
has a lot more power, I guess a lot of us have different building
techniques, from just a dremel tool, and a balance scale for the epoxy - to
the high end, top dollar stuff. I have used air tools all of my life, and so
I went with them for this project.  The one question I have about the saw
attachment for the Klein is it's ability to cut tight curves, it looked to
me like it would be less maneuverable than a 1/4" wide blade- kind of like
trying to cut a curve with a circular saw.  I have a similar looking sander
(doesn't have the cool saw blade attachment though) made by Ryobi, which I
use on wood working projects.  I am sure the Fein is built to last.

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of richard@riley.net
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 10:02 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Tools


http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000223OP/002-6012526-9981609
?vi=reviews

If the body saw is a laser for fiberglass, the Fein is a computer
controlled surgical laser for fiberglass.


At 05:10 PM 4/25/03 -0500, you wrote:


>Richard
>
>Where do you get the Fein tool?
>
>Bob
>Gammon
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose