REFLECTOR:Cowl Fasteners

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 20:30:41 -0600


Hmmm...  Good thought

I could put put short doublers where the screws are to make small U 
shaped grooves for the cowl to  fit in......

Anybody who is flying do this with success?

That would eliminate 90% of the cowl screws!

Scott

SANCHEZ, MERRI J., PHD (JSC-OC) (NASA) wrote:
> I'm still building, but plan on using flush mounted 1/4 turn camlocs.  I use
> them on the LongEZ I fly and have never had any problems with them.  I've
> also modified how the cowl fits to the fuselage by laying up a "u" on the
> fuselage side that the cowl slides into to be more secure.
> 
> Merri Sanchez
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Scott Derrick [mailto:scott@tnstaafl.net]
> Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 9:13 PM
> To: reflector@tvbf.org
> Subject: REFLECTOR:Cowl Fasteners
> 
> 
> Can I surmise from the deafening silence in regards to my question about 
> captive fasteners used to hole on our rear cowls that nobody has figured 
> out a way to use them?
> 
> Everybody using regular screws and washers?
> 
> I found some fully retractable 1/4 turn fasteners but the head sticks 
> way up, almost 1/2 an inch.
> 
> Scott
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose
>