REFLECTOR:Elite Door Help
reflector@tvbf.org
reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:46:38 EDT
--part1_60.2fd197fc.2bcf1b2e_boundary
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Once you have the doors completely mounted you can loosen the hinge screws
and let them "set" into place. Then retighten. It will take some trial and
error to get them to fit well. Once they hinge well and can close, a bit of
heat from a heatlamp or leaving the plane in the sun for a few hours will
cause the doors to take the correct "set".
I just sanded the handles a bit and painted them black. I do not recall the
washer and rivet deal.
I do not think that one would open the doors a bit in an emergency. I suppose
if one were at altitude and making an emergency landing he could unlock the
door and hold it, but I also think that he has a lot to do at that time and
that would be too much distraction. Yes, the doors latched would add a bit of
structural rigidity to the plane on impact.
When Bob I went in it managed to come down on the roof. The carbon beams
functioned well, but the top still depressed about 6 inches. The doors
compressed and popped out on impact. Neither door was still with the plane
when it stopped. But remember, this was an impact on the top.
Bob Wood
N658SE XL FG
Bob II
--part1_60.2fd197fc.2bcf1b2e_boundary
Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Once you have the doors completely mounted you can loo=
sen the hinge screws and let them "set" into place. Then retighten. It will=20=
take some trial and error to get them to fit well. Once they hinge well and=20=
can close, a bit of heat from a heatlamp or leaving the plane in the sun for=
a few hours will cause the doors to take the correct "set".<BR>
<BR>
I just sanded the handles a bit and painted them black. I do not recall the=20=
washer and rivet deal.<BR>
<BR>
I do not think that one would open the doors a bit in an emergency. I suppos=
e if one were at altitude and making an emergency landing he could unlock th=
e door and hold it, but I also think that he has a lot to do at that time an=
d that would be too much distraction. Yes, the doors latched would add a bit=
of structural rigidity to the plane on impact.<BR>
<BR>
When Bob I went in it managed to come down on the roof. The carbon beams fun=
ctioned well, but the top still depressed about 6 inches. The doors compress=
ed and popped out on impact. Neither door was still with the plane when it s=
topped. But remember, this was an impact on the top.<BR>
<BR>
Bob Wood<BR>
N658SE XL FG<BR>
Bob II</FONT></HTML>
--part1_60.2fd197fc.2bcf1b2e_boundary--