REFLECTOR:Email dump

velocityxlfg reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:07:15 -0500


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00B0_01C3034F.EFAE8EC0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Did Any one else just get 70 emails  from the reflector .
I have not seen anything from the reflector for about a week
and now I get 70 messages. Is it my email or is it the=20
reflector system?
Ron
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Herb Sanders=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 1:47 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:RUDDER AUTHORITY


  Tom, If this is a serious question and you have impaired use of your =
legs, you will need to have hand control for the brakes.  I would =
develop a left hand lever for each rudder/brake that operates just as =
the foot control - rudder first and then brake.=20

  If you don't have a leg problem, you win the award. :-)  Herb
    ----- Original Message -----=20
    From: Tom Martino=20
    To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
    Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 11:54 AM
    Subject: REFLECTOR:RUDDER AUTHORITY


    I hope I don't win the "Stupid Question" award ... but here goes:

    On all the auto pilot systems there are pitch and roll servos -- so =
what about rudders?

    I have been told by an experienced test pilot that Velocities need =
very little to no rudder to be flown effectively.  I've also been told =
that "corss-controlling" the Velocity is a real "no-no".

    So that brings me to my really stupid question?  Has anyone ever =
interconnected the Rudder with Ailerons for coordinated control (like on =
the Ercoupe or some Tri-Pacers)?  It could be a great option for those =
who don't have use of their legs.  Would that ruin the plane?


------=_NextPart_000_00B0_01C3034F.EFAE8EC0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Did Any one else just get 70 =
emails&nbsp; from the=20
reflector .</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have not seen anything from the =
reflector for=20
about a week</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>and now I get 70 messages. Is it my =
email or is it=20
the </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>reflector system?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ron</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dhsanders@bellsouth.net =
href=3D"mailto:hsanders@bellsouth.net">Herb=20
  Sanders</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, April 10, 2003 =
1:47=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:RUDDER=20
  AUTHORITY</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Tom, If this is a serious question =
and you have=20
  impaired use of your legs, you will need to have hand control for the=20
  brakes.&nbsp; I would develop a left hand lever for each rudder/brake =
that=20
  operates just as the foot control - rudder first and then brake. =
</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If you don't have a leg problem, you =
win the=20
  award. :-)&nbsp; Herb</FONT></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
    <A title=3Dtmartino@troubleshooter.com=20
    href=3D"mailto:tmartino@troubleshooter.com">Tom Martino</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
    href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, April 10, =
2003 11:54=20
    AM</DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:RUDDER=20
    AUTHORITY</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D065284816-10042003>I =
hope I don't=20
    win the "Stupid Question" award ... but here =
goes:</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
    class=3D065284816-10042003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D065284816-10042003>On =
all the auto=20
    pilot systems there are pitch and roll servos -- so what about=20
    rudders?</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
    class=3D065284816-10042003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D065284816-10042003>I =
have been told=20
    by an experienced test pilot that Velocities need very little to no =
rudder=20
    to be flown effectively.&nbsp; I've also been told that =
"corss-controlling"=20
    the Velocity is a real "no-no".</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
    class=3D065284816-10042003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D065284816-10042003>So =
that brings=20
    me to my really stupid question?&nbsp; Has anyone ever =
interconnected the=20
    Rudder with Ailerons for coordinated control (like on the Ercoupe or =
some=20
    Tri-Pacers)?&nbsp; It could be a great option for those who don't =
have use=20
    of their legs.&nbsp; Would that ruin the plane?</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
    class=3D065284816-10042003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
    =
class=3D065284816-10042003></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCK=
QUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00B0_01C3034F.EFAE8EC0--