REFLECTOR:What's first, paint or upholstery?

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 18:36:28 EDT


--part1_11f.208e65bb.2bcb406c_boundary
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I had an upholsterer stop by to talk about doing my airplane and the question 
arose as to what's first, paint or upholstery.  The issue was the door (old 
unidoor).  The headliner material would come up to the edge of the channel 
that mates with the gasket on the fuselage.  I assume that the channel would 
be painted so it would be best to paint first.  Comments please, there are 
probably other issues.

Thank You,
Mel Bina   STD RG

--part1_11f.208e65bb.2bcb406c_boundary
Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2>I had an upholsterer stop=
 by to talk about doing my airplane and the question arose as to what's firs=
t, paint or upholstery. &nbsp;The issue was the door (old unidoor). &nbsp;Th=
e headliner material would come up to the edge of the channel that mates wit=
h the gasket on the fuselage. &nbsp;I assume that the channel would be paint=
ed so it would be best to paint first. &nbsp;Comments please, there are prob=
ably other issues.
<BR>
<BR>Thank You,
<BR>Mel Bina &nbsp;&nbsp;STD RG</FONT></HTML>

--part1_11f.208e65bb.2bcb406c_boundary--