REFLECTOR:RE: Velocity Builder's Tapes & Bottle of Red

Dennis Martin reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 09:34:55 -0600


Chris,

Thanks for sharing a valuable piece of technology.  I'm sure it took 
you a while to develop - I owe you lunch.

Best,
Dennis Martin
N767DG Chevy Powered


>Ed,
>
>I don't have a very good picture of my panel but I'll take one this week
>and send it to you. I have attached a copy of my weight and balance spread
>sheet. It is excell based. Just fill in the green boxes and it will
>calculate the CG and show it on a graph. You can customize the program to
>fit your plane by unlocking the locked cells and inserting your own data.
>
>I'll send you the picture later this week.
>
>Chris Martin
>
>
>>  [Original Message]
>>  From: Kearns, Ed <Ed.Kearns@bankofamerica.com>
>>  To: <christophercmartin@earthlink.net>
>>  Date: 4/8/2003 10:13:02 AM
>>  Subject: RE: Velocity Builder's Tapes & Bottle of Red
>>
>>  Chris,
>>
>>  I have continued to fly fairly frequently with my teaching but mostly to
>the Bay Area.  I'm building time in a Bonanza F-33A Debonair and getting
>TAS in the 170 ktas area.  This HP/Complex time should help with the
>insurance issues of owning a Velocity someday.  What kind of requirements
>have you seen from insurance companies and Velocity RG XL owners?  I'm just
>under 300 hours.  As we have had weather systems sweeping through these
>past few months I have been fortunate the the heavy ppt was not on a day I
>was looking to get back.  I have started studying for the instrument and
>flying some approaches on trips.  I have seen some nice tailwinds every now
>and then coming south down the valley. Saw 40kts and 202kts ground speed
>one trip making the typical 2+50 trip a 2+20 trip!
>>
>>  I watched the tapes ten times or more.  One son would watch with me
>often, my wife finds them very boring ... guy stuff.  For a while there it
>was my bed time snack to get a little time in with them.
>>
>>  The Mexico trip sounds great.  Is that a trip you take every so often?  I
>recall your picture of a similar trip.
>>
>>  What kind of indications do you get on the TCAS about other aircraft?
>This is reading their mode C transponds?  Do they dispay on your Garmin as
>traffic icons or something?
>>
>>  Could I take a look at your spreadsheet you made up to do weight and
>balance for your airplane?  If you have a picture of your panel you would
>send.  I seem to remember you showing me your panel in an avionic magazines
>ad that did a tiny bit of work on it.  I seemed very nicely layed out.
>>
>>  Best wishes,
>>
>>  Ed Kearns
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>  -----Original Message-----
>>  From: Chris Martin [mailto:christophercmartin@earthlink.net]
>>  Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 9:10 PM
>>  To: Kearns, Ed
>>  Cc: patrick.martin
>>  Subject: RE: Velocity Builder's Tapes & Bottle of Red
>>
>>
>>  Ed,
>>
>>  What a nice surprise to find the tapes and bottle of red wine at FAST. I
>>  stopped by there on Friday. I was flying down to Ensenada, Mexico and
>>  drooped in to pick up a chart. One of my favorite red wines as well. We
>had
>>  a great trip to Ensenada and then went on to San Felipe on the Gulf of
>>  California and back to El Monte on Sunday afternoon. Five hours of great
>>  flying in one of the most uncrowded places in the world, the backbone of
>>  Baha. And, one of the most crowded places in the world, San Diego. I put
>in
>>  the new Garmin Mode S transponder with TCAS. A very nice addition to the
>>  panel and came in real handy in San Diego.
>>
>>  Thanks again for the wine. Hope you enjoyed the tapes.
>>
>>  Chris Martin
>>
>>
>>  > [Original Message]
>>  > From: Kearns, Ed <Ed.Kearns@bankofamerica.com>
>>  > To: Chris C. Martin (E-mail) <christophercmartin@earthlink.net>
>>  > Date: 4/4/2003 2:38:10 PM
>>  > Subject: Velocity Builder's Tapes & Bottle of Red
>>  >
>>  > Chris,
>>  >
>>  > I appologize for the delay in getting the tapes to you sooner.  I have
>>  not had work in L.A. since Oct.  I flew into El Monte and FAST a day ago
>>  and left them in a box with a thank you gift bottle of wine in a paper bag
>>  at the office.
>>  >
>>  > I would love to hear how the Palm Springs show went.
>  > >
>>  > I just subscribed to Velocity views to keep the momentum going.
>>  >
>>  > I've been flying out of Ramona (RNM) the folks at Cruiseair are building
>>  a very large new hangar to move and expand their mostly Bonanza work
>>  business and they are also building new T hangars.  The pads, frames and
>>  sides are up.  They will be building another phase of more T hangars as
>>  soon as they can get the financing worked.  They have the land.  Hmmmm a
>>  home for my future Velocity perhaps.
>>  >
>>  > Do you have a picture of your panel you could e-mail me?
>>  >
>>  > Regards,
>>  >
>>  > Ed
>
>
>Content-Type: application/vnd.ms-excel; name="WB worksheet 1.1.02.xls"
>Content-Description: WB worksheet 1.1.02.xls
>Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="WB worksheet 1.1.02.xls"
>
>Attachment converted: Macintosh HD:WB worksheet 1.1.02.xls 
>(XLS4/XCEL) (0001DB4D)