[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: REFLECTOR: Oil temperature
At 06:42 PM 8/4/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>>I went to a cooling seminar at Oshkosh ... oops, Airventure.
>
>The guy went on talking about heat rejection. >
>2) Go get some barbeque grill flat black paint if you can find
>some that is compatible with aluminum and paint your pan. >
>--
>Brian Michalk <http://www.awpi.com/michalk>
>L>
Good idea... I attended Zerbach`s forum on engine cooling and he
recommended the same thing. Any part of the engine that you want to
radiate heat away from should ideally be black. Any part that you want to
keep cool should be white or shiny. I definitely will paint my oil pan
black. Would the large black intake manifold on the Franklin not be better
if it was white. I just might try that too whenever I get around to it.
Cheers, Gilles Gratton