[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
REFLECTOR: elevator cuffs
I had a chance to talk with Duane and Mark Machado at Oshkosh. They told me
they are flying with shorter length elevator cuffs (or none). The cuffs
smooth out the canard stall and reduce the tendency for pitch-buck at stall
speed. However, they also make it difficult to get any elevator effect at
landing speed.
Mark suggested making the cuff 18" shorter, removing the outboard end of it.
Since I had just spent a couple days installing them I was pleased as punch
:-) to get to take my grinder to them. Anyone else thought about this?
---
Another note: awhile back the factory sent me a refill order for fine bid.
The material they got from their supplier was a heavier weight, "satin"
weave that was very difficult to wet-out. After using it for awhile I asked
them about it. They sent me a replacement of the original material. If you
got this stuff from them you may consider requesting the original.
Bill Schweitzer
std RGE
San Jose, Ca