[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
REFLECTOR: Re: Thread Locker Epoxy for brakes
In a message dated 5/31/99 8:38:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dmartin@cougar.netutah.net writes:
> Thanks for the holiday thoughts, Dale.
>
> Also, thanks for your tip on using epoxy to install the brass fittings into
> the brake master cylinders. I visited my local Eagle hardware and bought
> Thread Locker's metal epoxy system. I applied it to both brass fittings
> today, and viola, no silicone leaks - not a drop. I've got brakes!!
>
> All the best,
>
> Dennis Martin
>
Your welcome Dennis,
Just so long as you never have to remove the fitting again!!!
I mention again that I have a reverse brake bleeder for drawing air out of
systems if the need should arise. I haven't had a chance to use it yet on
mine as I'm no where near that point yet, but if others are having problems,
they should contact me.